Chapter 6: Answers

Your POV

Sans and I got back home and I was shocked to find nothing there. You looked at Sans and he looked very confused too. The house was empty. Not a sign of anyone. It didn't look like anyone had touched anything for days. You and Sans exit the house and find snowdin empty too. You and Sans walk around for what feels like forever trying to find somebody. You called for somebody. But nobody came.

"Hey sans." You said to him. He hummed in response.

"What do you think happened to everyone." You asked in a sad and more serious tone.

He shrugged. "I dunno kid, but I do know that they would only abandon their homes for a good reason. The best place to start is Alphys lab." He said.

"Wait, Alphys? Dr. Alphys?" You asked him. "Yup." He responded.

You felt like you knew that name just as you did with Toriel. But you couldn't think of why you knew those names. You decided to ask Sans.

"Hey Sans, I, have this feeling like I know somebody. Like Alphys. I feel like I met her at one point. I also can get some sort of a picture of her in my mind. Do you know what this feeling is?" You asked. Sans was quiet and still. He didn't move an inch.

Sans then sighed. "So you got it too huh?" He started to say. "Hehehe.. well you can ask Frisk the next time you see her. I'm pretty sure she's gonna know the answer to that." He finished but you heard him mumbling something. You hear what he said but barley. 'I'm surprised she hasn't reset yet'

You and Sans started walking again until Sans had enough energy to teleport again. You grabbed into him and he teleported to Alphys place. It was dark and a mess. Papers, monitors and blueprints all over the floors, like this place was mobbed or ambushed.

Sans walked over to a door and pressed a button. The door opened and we walked inside.

"Huh, looks like the elevator is dropped down already." Sans said and hit the button to bring it back up. You thought this was a good moment to thank him.

"Sans, thanks, for everything you've done to help me." I said and hugged him.

"Heh.. no problem kiddo. Your my favorite after all." He said and I smiled. Me being his favorite made my day.

The elevator came up and we went inside and hit the button to go down. It wasn't long before we made it to the bottom and we're met by a bunch of monsters with weapons getting ready to defend themselves. One of them being Papyrus.

"SANS? I MISSED YOU!" Papyrus said and hugged Sans.

"Heya bro, why the hug it's like you haven't seen me in years." Sans said and Papyrus looked confused.

"YOU WERE GONE FOR 5 MONTHS" papyrus said.

Sans and I were shocked. It only felt like we were gone for 10 minutes at the most. I guess the void made time fly by. But that didn't really faze me, I was scanning the crowd of monsters for Frisk. Until Sans distracted me by talking.

"I guess you can say is, we are low on thyme." Sans said and laughed at himself.

"OH MY GOD I DID NOT MISS THIS!" Papyrus yelled and You laughed. By now the monsters went away knowing we were friendly. "HUMAN IF YOUR LOOKING FOR FRISK SHE IS IN THERE" papyrus pointed to a room. You thanked him and went towards the door.

I opened the door, just slightly and quietly. I see Frisk and Chara sitting next to each other on a bed. Frisk is crying and Chara is also crying. Boy what a train wreck. You walked in. You snuck up behind Frisk as she was crying about... you.. you tapped her shoulder and she turns to look at you. Her eyes widen and she literally jumps off the bed and hugs you so tightly you'll loose you lunch.

"Don't you dare EVER! Leave me again!" She yelled and you hugged her back even though you were in excruciating pain. You kissed her on the cheek and then asked her a very serious question.

"Frisk, I know this isn't really the time for me to ask this. But what does Sans mean when he says you 'reset'" you ask. She stays still. But she starts to talk a moment later.

She sighed. "Ok, it's about time you knew. I've done this over and over again countless times. Resetting if you will. But every timeline has a different outcome and this is quite unique. You feelings, emotions and actions are different this time. I've reset to experience everything I possibly can with you. I'm not trying to be mean. It's just I want to experience this over and over because.. I love you." She finished.

So this explains why you know everyone and have memories that didn't happen. But even if this is true she has no right to be doing this. To these poor innocent monsters... and messing with your feelings. Who knows how many times we have gotten to the Surface and it had gotten reset. Your pissed.

She reached out for your hand but you pushed her away. "I can't believe you... you probably freed everyone here countless of times and just forced them back down here. You messed with my feeling. Not to mention you make Sans suffer." You said to her and she started to cry.

You remember Sans talking to you about this before, how it makes him suffer, getting up to the surface, seeing everyone happy, then one day, just wake up back at snowdin.

"(Y-Y/N) p-please. I'm s-sorry" she begged.

"Sorry isn't good enough right now." You walked out of the room to where sans and papyrus were talking about what had happened to the underground. You just left Frisk standing there.

"So, let me get this straight. Rocks were falling from the ceiling so you evacuated here?" Sans asked.

"YES THAT IS CORRECT" papyrus answered.

"Well it's all good up there now so everyone can go back up." Sans said and papyrus ran and told everyone.

~1 hour later~

You had told Asgore how they can leave the underground and break the barrier. The only thing wrong is that your soul and Frisks soul are bonded together and only they can break the barrier.