Season 3: Chapter 42: The Reset

You woke up in a flower bed, feeling an unusually warm contact that felt weird yet comfortable at the same time.

Your vision still a little blurry, and your limbs still a little weak struggled to stand and see your own surroundings.

Still, you tried, and fell like anyone in that state would. You tumbled off the flower bed and onto some hard, cold rock, immediately missing that mysterious warmth from before.

Groaning, you began to try and stand again, ultimately tumbling to your knees as your vision slowly came back to you.

You could barely see a yellow flower bed with somebody on top, that looked to be wearing a blue sweater with what looked to be two purple stripes. Taking a guess on who it probably was, you looked to see more of your surroundings, noticing that you were in a cave, far down from the surface with sunlight barely reaching in through a small hole above them.

A sense of Deja Vu coursed through your head, as if this scenario has played its course hundreds of times before.

You lazily shrugged it off as you were actually able to stand this time. You looked to see the person on the flower bed, was indeed the person you thought it was. It was your long time friend Frisk, lying there unconscious from a high fall.

Suddenly, you felt immense heat on your body. As if it were a raging fire burning your flesh and skin to reach your bones.

You shook your head, feeling a bit sick now. You decided to help your friend awake. You went to her sleeping body and shook her, to no avail as she was in a deep slumber.

Sighing, realizing you weren't going to leave her in here, and wanting to leave, you picked her up and decided to carry her out of here.

You put her legs on top of your right arm and her back over your left, carrying her in what was called bridal style.

After picking her up you realized that she was a lot heavier than you had thought and immediately regret the decision you made. You almost dropped her on the hard and cold rock under your feet, but quickly regained yourself and continued forward.

You carried her into the next room, in the middle of it was a small patch of grass with sunlight hitting it. On that, was a yellow flower with six petals.

The flower then suddenly had eyes and a mouth, in which it formed a sinister type smile before reverting it back to a friendly one at the sigh of you.

"Oh, hello." The flower said.

"Y-You can talk?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah." It seemed bored and uninterested.

"Are you ok?" You decided to ask, despite the amount of questions you already had.

It only gave you an animalistic growl before actually responding. "I suppose, I thought you would actually remember."

So something wasn't right? You had a bit of a hunch with the amount of Deja Vu you had.

"Remember what?" You asked.

It sighed. "Well-" he gets something. "She's coming, I'll talk to you soon." He then buried himself into the ground and left.

Tilting your head confusingly, you herd footsteps coming closer, only to be revealed as a goat lady.

"Oh my! My child!" She said. "Is she okay?! Follow me."

You didn't really have a choice but to oblige, so you followed her.

You soon walked to a small hole in these ruins. The goat lady took your friend out of your arms with relative ease, much to your protests, but you had to admit the relief of not having to carry so much weight. Looking at the lady in front of you, youdidn't know if you were just really weak, or if she was just really strong.

You looked at your arms to see how much of a noodle they were. You sighed. Yeah the first one.

She took your friend to a small room. Your waited for her return. She came back moments later. "It's ok, she is just passed out."

You couldn't help but sigh with relief as she recommended you staying at her side. You agreed and went to Frisk's room. You sat on the bed she was on, and waited for her to awake.

Yeah, I know, short chapter, but I think it's a good beginning. After looking back and seeing how cringy I left this I decided to reboot it a little and make Frisk reset, while still keeping some important things in this that you will see later on. Anyway hope you all like this short little chapter!