eight

Abel

"Abel," I hear someone call, as they nudge my shoulder. "Abel. Abel!" My eyes fly open when I feel something wet and cold hit my face.

I sit up quickly and wipe the water away and then groan loudly when my head starts throbbing. I blink a couple of times to see Lamar standing there with an empty glass in his hand. "Man, what the fuck?" I snap, rubbing my temples.

"Sorry, man," Lamar replies, trying to hide a smile. "You weren't waking up."

I groan and put my head in my hands, feeling sick. And then I remember what happened last night. I look to the side. Taylor must've snuck out. "Shit," I mutter.

"What?" Lamar wants to know and I shake my head, not wanting to tell him that I slept with Taylor. I can't be bothered for all the questions he's going to ask me.

I lay back down, thinking about last night. Me and Taylor had one too many shots, I told her to kiss me, she did and then we had sex. I can remember bits and pieces of it and damn,  it was good. I wonder if she remembers it too. And if she regrets it because i definitely don't.

"I'm guessing the bitch left her bra on purpose," Lamar says now and I look up to find that he's holding Taylor's bra. He chucks it in my direction and it hits my face. I can smell her perfume on it. I look down at her bra and start smirking to myself. Looks like I'll have to return it to her later.

"Mar," I say slowly, remembering about something that happened last night. "Taylor - my next door neighbour - got threatened by - who I'm guessing - is Hyghly and Hawk last night."

Lamar frowns. "What? Why would they threaten her?" he asks. "She hasn't got anything to do with it."

I sigh and rub my temples again. He's right. Taylor doesn't have anything to do with it. This is my shit and she shouldn't be dragged into it. "Because she's my next door neighbour," I say now. "They said that if I don't pay them, they're gonna come after me. And her."

"Well, looks like we have to sort them out," Lamar says. "That girl doesn't need to be a part of this." I nod and he squints.  "Wait," he says slowly. "Is that who you slept with last night?" I don't say anything and Lamar starts laughing. "Damn! You got in there that quickly? Doesn't she have a boyfriend?"

"They broke up," I mumble, the throbbing in my head getting worse.

"Shit! So she came here to you last night after that incident happened and you comforted her - well, your dick comforted her." He starts laughing and i shake my head, smiling and lay back down.

Taylor

I walk back into my apartment and close the door with my foot, since my hands are full of bags. I've been shopping all day, thinking about what happened last night with Abel.

At first, I couldn't remember anything that happened - I just knew that we slept together and then after, the memories came back.

Honestly, it was the best sex I've ever had - even if we were drunk. But I do feel guilty because it felt like I moved on top quickly from Justin - well, not moved on, but went a hooked up with someone too early.

Earlier today, I went to Abel's with the intention of talking about what happened last night - and to get my bra back - but he wasn't home. And he still isn't. It's six in the evening. Shouldn't be be back from wherever the hell he's been for the past eight hours?