eleven

Taylor

I walk out of the lecture hall, shoving my books in my bag. Ugh. That felt like a complete waste of two hours. I ended up sleeping throughout the whole lecture. What the hell is the point of this?

When I get out the building, I go and buy a coffee. Hopefully this will wake me up and keep me going for the rest of the day.

"Taylor!" someone shouts from behind me. I turn around to find Jamie, a guy from my lecture class jogging up to me.

"Oh, hey, Jamie," I say, smiling.

"You left your notebook," he says, holding out my notebook.

I frown and take it. "Thank you," I say gratefully, before shoving it in my bag. "I was thinking why my bag felt so light."

Jamie laughs and we continue making small talk, while waiting for my coffee. "I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks.

"Sure," I say, smiling. We start walking in opposite directions and I stop in my tracks when I see Abel. He's talking to some guy, who hands him money. Abel offers him something in exchange. I can't see what it is, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is - drugs.

He's dealing drugs on a college campus? Is he out of his freaking mind?

Sighing, I start walking in his direction - since I have to go that way to get home - and keep my head down, hoping he doesn't notice me.

I walk past him and try to hurry, but he calls out. "Taylor!" he shouts. "Taylor!"

I turn around and try to look surprised to see him. "Oh, hey, Abel!" I say, sounding a little too fake. "What are you doing here?" I wait for his answer. I wonder if he's going to tell me the truth about what he was doing seconds ago.

Abel just shrugs and smiles. "I came to see if my girlfriend wants to go out for lunch with me," he answers with a straight face.

I frown and just stare back at him. Did I just hear what I thought I heard? He's gotta be joking.

Abel bursts out laughing and I feel myself being able to breathe. Yup, he was joking. Thank God. "Your face," he says in between fits of laugher. "Priceless. Fuck, I wish I took a picture."

I laugh quietly and start fiddling with my hair nervously. "Um," I say.

"No, but seriously," Abel says when he recovers from laughing. "Wanna go out for lunch?"

I fold my arms across my chest. "What are you really doing here, Abel?" I ask in a snappy tone.

Abel frowns. "I just said," he says. "I wanted to see if you wanna go out for lunch."

"Right," I say, starting to walk away. I don't know why I'm so pissed at him. Whatever he's doing is his own damn business. But then again, I don't want to be involved with a guy that is a drug dealer at my college.

Abel grabs my hand. "Hey," he says. "Why are you so pissed?" I turn to look at him, raising my eyebrows and he just smiles. "Okay, I lied, I'm here for payback."

"Payback?"

"Yeah, for what you did to me yesterday," Abel answers and I feel a smirk beginning to form on my lips.