six

Taylor

Yawning, I grab two eggs from the fridge and crack them open on the frying pan.

I couldn't sleep last night - I just kept thinking about Justin and how much I missed him.

But I knew that breaking things off with him was for the best. Eventually, we'd both decide that it would be for the best. Why wait until it was later on in our relationship?

I sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the eggs and push the spoon around, scrambling the eggs.

I think about Abel. He was actually being nice last night - what a miracle. And the fact that he heard me crying from inside his apartment and actually came out to see if I was okay was nice. Really nice. He could've just stayed inside and not have bothered to say anything to me, but he came out anyway.

Crap! Am I going all soft on him? No, no, no! He's still an asshole. Last night was just a once in a blue moon thing.

The eggs are finished scrambling and I grab a plate from the cupboard and plate it up. I pour myself a glass of orange juice too.
I start eating, trying to decide what I'm going to do today.

It's Saturday and since it's the first week of college, there isn't much work for me to be doing, except for a couple of readings, but screw that.

Instead, I think I'll just go shopping or have a lazy day in and watch movies all day, trying not to think about Justin.

Once I've finished eating, I wash my plate and go over to check the mail that arrived while I was eating. I look through it and frown when I see an envelope with Abel's name. Stupid mail man.

Rolling my eyes and huffing, I pull my fluffy robe closer to my body and leave my apartment, holding the envelope. I knock on his door, but it opens by itself. What kind of idiot leaves the door open? Anyone can walk in - like me, for example.

"Hello?" I say quietly. Why am I being so quiet? "Anyone home?" I swear I feel like a burglar right now.

Seeing that he's not in either his living room or kitchen,, I go upstairs and into his bedroom.

I wish I didn't.

"Oh my God!" I scream, closing my eyes quickly, blocking out the image of some girl riding him.

"What the fuck?" he shouts.

"Who the fuck is that?" the girl screams at the same time.

Still covering my eyes, I turn around and walk out what I think is the door. I end up bumping my head against the wall hard and groan out in pain. Uncovering my eyes, I walk out the bedroom and race down the stairs, heart thumping.

Oh no, he's going to be really mad. Why the hell did I go upstairs? Why didn't I just leave the envelope at his door? But then why the hell was his door open in the first place?

Abel comes down the stairs, his face set in stone. He's wearing boxers and a t-shirt.

"I am soooo sorry," I tell him. "I swear I didn't mean to. But I did and I . . . Oh my God. That's an image I'll never be able to get out of my mind." I shudder.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" Abel asks slowly, jaw clenched.

I hold up his mail. "You're mail got posted to me by accident," I say, not looking him in the eye. I finally look up and feel a rush of head fill my cheeks. Why am I embarrassed? He should be the one that's embarrassed.

Abel snatches the envelope out of my hand. "How did you even get in?" he asks rudely.

"Your front door was open," I answer and he shoots me a cold look. "What?" I snap.  "Why would you even leave the door open in the first place?"

"Why would you come in and come all the way upstairs into my room?" Abel shoots back.

"I was looking for you!" I snap.

"Well, you should've just left it on the table!" Abel shouts. "You're such a dumb little . . ." He trails off and huffs.

I feel the anger rise up inside me. "A stupid little . . .?" I ask, waiting for him to finish, but he doesn't. "Go on, if you have something to say, say it, Asshole."

Anger flashes in his eyes. "You can leave now," he spits and then he starts smirking. "Unless you'd like to stay for the rest of the show?"

My face twists into disgust. "No thanks;" I tell him. I look him up and down and fix my eyes on his boxers. "Besides, I doubt you have anything good going down there." I start walking away but he steps in front of me.

"Oh yeah?" Abel asks, arching an eyebrow. "How about I show you?" He starts sticking his hand in his boxers and I take a step back.

"Ew!" I shout. "You're such a fucking disgusting motherfucker!" I hit him over the head and he just laughs, amused at himself. I roll my eyes and start walking out of his apartment.

"Where are you going?" Abel calls out, following me out. "I thought you wanted to stay for the show?"

"You must be deaf!" I tell him. "Because I said no." I walk to my front door and push it open.

"What are you up to today?" Abel asks, leaning against the wall  near my door.

"I'm going to stay in and have a movie marathon," I tell him. Why is he so interested? I bet he's just waiting to give me a snarky remark.

Abel scratches his cheek. "Can I join?" he questions, leading me to raise my eyebrows.

"You actually want to watch movies all day?" I ask, surprised and he nods and shrugs. "You're not going to throw one of your parties?"

Abel shakes his head and then stops. "Maybe," he says. "Yes, I am. Why don't you come along?"

"No thanks," I say. "Like I said yesterday, I like to keep myself to myself."

Abel smiles and nods, understanding. "And what about the movie thing?" he asks. "Can I join?"

I smile and step into my apartment. I turn to look at him. "No, Asshole," I say and then slam the door shut.

I hear him chuckle to himself and I find myself smiling too.