twenty three

Taylor

My phone rings and I look down to find that Abel is calling me.

A shudder runs through my body and my throat goes dry as I stare at the screen, wondering if I should answer the call or not.

After what Hyghly and Hawk told me, I feel wary of Abel. A small part of me is telling me not to believe what they told me, but also a large part of me is telling me that everything they said is true.

Just as I'm about to hit the ignore button, the call ends and instead, goes to missed calls.

Sighing, I start to turn the corner before freezing in my tracks, noticing the familiar figure.

Hiding behind the wall, I watch as Abel walks towards his car, looking down at his phone, texting someone probably.

My phone vibrates and I look down to find a message from him.

You okay? Or are you just ignoring me?

I quickly type a reply back, not wanting to become suspicious of me.

Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just in a lecture right now.

I look back up to find him smiling down at his phone. He opens his car door and gets in before driving off.

For some reason, I feel myself sigh in relief and I quickly shove my phone in my bag before walking to the apartment building.

I pull open the glass door and walk to the lift, punching the lift button and stepping in.

I need to see if Hyghly and Hawk are right about Abel - they said that Abel might have stashed drugs in my apartment.  I just want to see if their assumptions are right.

If I find the drugs, I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with Abel. Confront him? Not say anything? Call the police?

I let out a frustrated groan, leaning against the cold, metal wall.

Please don't let it to be there, please don't let it be there, I think to myself over and over again as I wait for the loft to arrive at my floor.

I want so badly for Hawk and Hyghly to be wrong about Abel.

If I do happen to find drugs stashed away in my apartment, then my first initial assumption about Abel was right - he's an asshole.

I step out the lift and walk towards my apartment, keys in hand.

I insert the lock and twist it, pushing the door open.

As soon as I get into my apartment, I throw my bag to the side and start looking around in all the places someone might hide something.

Nothing.

Where the hell am I meant to find it? And what if it's not even here and I was doubting Abel this whole time?

Sighing, I leave the living room and go up to my bedroom, looking around.

I look under the bed, in the wardrobe, but there's nothing there either.