seven

Taylor

Loud music blares out from Abel's apartment and I sigh and put the volume up on the movie I'm watching. It's no use because I can still hear the music, which annoys me.

Rolling my eyes, I press pause, knowing that there's no way I'm going to finish my movie. And there's no way I'm staying here, either.

I get out of bed and quickly get dressed and leave the apartment.

"Where are you off to?" I hear a voice call out. I turn around to find Abel, standing in his doorway, a glass in his hand.

"Out," I answer. "You interrupted my movie marathon with your stupid music."

"Awww, how sad," he says in a sarcastic tone and I roll my eyes and turn to punch the lift button. "I'm kidding!"

"Sure, you are," I say, staring at the lift.

"I am," Abel says, his voice becoming louder as he comes closer to me. I can smell the stench of alcohol on him. "Listen, why don't you come inside and have a little fun with me?"

I turn to look at him. "With you?" I echo. "Aren't there other people in there with you?"

Abel shakes his head. "Nope, just me," he answers, smiling. "So, what do you say?"

"You know I'm underage, right?" I ask. "It's not legal for me to drink."

"That didn't stop you last night," Abel fires back, smirking and I roll my eyes. The lift arrives and I get in. "The offer still stands, if you change your mind."

I just fake smile and watch as the lift door closes, the image of his face disappearing.

When I get out of the building, I turn the corner and start walking down the alleyway, but feel myself being pulled back. Alarm bells go off in my head and I start screaming, but it comes out muffled when a hand covers my mouth.

"Shut the fuck up!" a deep voice hisses, causing my heart to thump against my chest. I feel like it's about to shatter into pieces.

I look at the two people wearing face masks in horror. What the hell do they want? I start panicking and try to kick them and wriggle free, but they have a strong grip on me.

"Do you know Abel Tesfaye?" the other guy asks.

"He's my next door neighbour," I say into the guy's hand. "That's all."

"Well you tell him that he needs to pay us back," the guy snarls. "If he doesn't give the money by tomorrow, then we're gonna come for him. And you." The other guy pulls out a gun and presses it against my head, causing my body to start shaking uncontrollably.

Why am I being brought into all of this? I haven't even done anything and I don't even know Abel properly.

The two guys let go of me and start running down the alleyway. Body shaking, I start running back to my apartment. I press the lift but it takes forever to come, so I start running up the stairs.

Instead of going to my apartment, I knock furiously at Abel's door, biting down on my lip to stop any tears from escaping.