eighteen

Taylor

There's a knock at the door and I go to open it and find Abel leaning against the door frame.

"Hey?" I say, uncertainly. We didn't decide to meet up tonight, since he's having one of his stupid parties.

Abel holds out his hand and I look at it and then back at his face, frowning.

Rolling his eyes, Abel grabs my arm and pulls me out of my apartment, shutting the door behind us.

"Abel!" I snap. "What the hell?"

"I think it's time that you came to one of my parties," Abel tells me.

"No, thanks," I say. I pull my arm out of his grasp and turn to walk back to my apartment, but Abel grabs me and pushes me towards his. "Abel, please! Just let me stay at home! I don't want to go to your stupid party!"

Abel sighs and turns to look at me. "It'll be fun," he says and I just roll my eyes and shake my head. He starts to smirk. "Either way, you're still coming."

I don't even protest when he grabs me and pulls me into his apartment. There are people everywhere, drinking from plastic cups and dancing to the music that is blaring out.

Abel grabs my hand and leads the way towards his living room.

"Taylor!" Lamar calls out. "You came! Looks like you win the bet, Abe." He hands Abel a handful of notes.

I shoot Abel a glare. "You bet on if I was coming or not?" I ask, annoyed. 'Seriously, dude?" I turn to look at Lamar. "Actually, Lamar, I think that money's yours. He practically forced me here."

Lamar bursts out laughing and Abel huffs and rolls his eyes, cursing under his breath. He hands the money back to Lamar. "Thanks a lot, Taylor," Abel mutters in an annoyed tone.

I smile sweetly. "You're welcome," I say. I look around. "Now, where do I get a drink?"

Abel smiles. "What do you want?" he asks.

"Tequila," I say with a wink because that's how we first hooked up.

I don't even plan on drinking it. I have a lecture tomorrow morning and don't need to be getting wasted right now.

Abel grins and walks off to get my drink and I sit in the empty space beside Lamar. "He can be such an asshole at times," I sigh. "But then other times, he's okay."

Lamar chuckles. "That's Abel," he says, taking a sip out of his drink. "So I heard about your pregnancy scare."

My head whips to the side to look at Lamar. "He told you?!" I exclaim.

"I'm his best friend," Lamar states simply, shrugging. "Of course he did."

I shake my head. "Well, he shouldn't have," I say stubbornly, even though I'd do the exact same thing.

Abel returns with my drink and I take it out of his hand. "What are you two talking about?" he wants to know.

"Nothing," Lamar replies. "Just your dumbass."