thirteen

2 weeks later

Taylor

Abel has been acting strange - really strange - lately. I have no idea what's wrong with him - he's being so nice and sweet to me.

At first, I thought he was doing it just to get sex, but then even after we fucked, he was being all nice and shit.

Even when we have sex, he's so . . . gentle - I miss him being rough. I'm going to have to tell him to fix up on that because there's no way I'm settling on this gentle sex.

He's also been offering me rides to and from college - I'm not complaining about that, though because it's not like I have a car and it saves me the trouble of walking home.

Right now, I'm walking home after a long day of lectures. A car that's blaring with loud music starts beeping behind me, but I don't turn around - I never do. The car continues to beep and the music grows louder in my ears as the car comes up beside me.

"Taylor, what the hell?!" I hear Abel shout, which causes my head to whip to the side. "Didn't you hear us beeping?" His friend, Lamar - I think - smiles and nods at me. There are other guys in the car, but I don't look in.

"I wasn't paying attention," I tell Abel simply, while shrugging.

Lamar looks at me and then Abel, grinning. "Taylor's not one of the girls that turn and look just because a car is honking," he says. "Ain't I right, Taylor?"

I nod, smiling. "Damn right," I say. "I should get going. It was nice seeing you all. Bye." I start walking away.

"Wait!" Abel calls out, junping oit the car and stopping me. I can smell the scent of weed on him. It's starting to make me feel sick, but I ignore the feeling."Do you want a ride? There's an extra seat in the back or you can just sit in the front if you're not comfortable."

I smile and tap his shoulder. "I'm okay, buddy," I tell him and he starts grinning. "It's a short walk."

"But it's late," Abel retorts.

"It's only five thirty," I fire back. "Seriously, I can get back myself."

"Why don't you have a car, anyway?"Abel wants to know.

I sigh heavily. "Because I don't need one," I answer. "My campus is like five minutes away from home. And I need money for food and rent. The last thing I need is a car - I can't even afford it."

Abel nods. "Oh," he says. "Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?"

I narrow my eyes. "Oh my God, Abel!" I sigh. "I'll be fine! Can you just go?" I push him towards the car.

"I'll see you later?" Abel asks, walking towards the car.

"Yeah, yeah, sure, whatever!" I say, not even bothering to tell him that I won't see him because I'll be working on an assignment.

Abel smiles and gets in the car and I continue walking home.

* * *

A couple of hours later, there's a knock on the door. Sighing,  I push the laptop away from my lap and walk downstairs and to the front door.