twenty four

Abel

Someone bangs on my door loudly.

Sighing, I get off the couch and walk to the front door. I open it and I'm greeted with Taylor's angry face.

I smirk. "You want something?" I ask, biting my lip.

Taylor doesn't say anything. She throws something at my face and my blood runs cold as I catch it and look down at the package I hid in her house.

I look up at Taylor, lips parted. "Taylor -" I start to say, but I'm cut off by her slapping me across the face, hard.

She continues to hit me and I let her take out all her frustration and anger on me, knowing that I probably deserve it.

"Why the fuck are you hiding drugs in my apartment, Abel?!" she screams, continuing to hit me.

I turn around and walk back to the living room, unphased by her hitting me. "How do you know it's mine?" I ask, sitting down on the couch and placing a blunt between my lips.

Taylor stops hitting me and grabs the blunt from my lips and throws it to the side. "Are you seriously trying to act like you're not the one that put it there?" she snaps. "You're the only other person that has access to my apartment!"

I rub my forehead. "Can you just calm down and let me explain?" I ask, irritated.

"Can I calm down?" Taylor echoes, eyes blazing. "Can I calm down, he says! Can I calm down?! No! I can't fucking calm down, you asshole!" She slaps me again and I clench my jaw, getting angry.

"Taylor," I warn, staring at her with cold eyes.

I grab both of her arms and pull her down on the couch, climbing on top of her to make sure she can't move or hit me again.

"Get the fuck off me!" Taylor screams, trying to wriggle away.

"Just let me explain," I tell her calmly and she looks up at me for a long time.

Taylor looks away. "Fine," she says through gritted teeth.

Slowly letting go of her arms, I move away from her, making sure she doesn't try hitting me again.

Just as I'm about to climb off her, her knee flies up to hit me in my groin.

"Shit!" I shout, wincing in pain. I hold onto my length, groaning. "Why the fuck did you do that?"

Taylor quickly moves away from me and glares. "Because you fucking deserve it!" she shouts. "If you don't fucking start talking in the next three seconds, I'm leaving!"

I try to ignore the pain and grit my teeth. Taylor gets up and I grab her arm. "Wait!" I call out, pulling her towards the couch again. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Taylor stares at me, mouth open. "Sorry?" she echoes. "Sorry isn't going to fix this, Abel! Explain!"

"Okay, okay," I say. "Can you sit down?"

Taylor crosses her arms across her chest and sits back down on the couch, as far away as possible.

"I was planning on moving it from your apartment today," I tell her, shifting my body around, so that I'm facing her. "But you pissed me off and I left."