twenty eight

2 weeks later

Taylor

As I push open the door to my apartment, I hear stumbling from behind me.

Frowning, I turn around to look at whoever it is and find that it's Abel.

He trips and falls to the ground, groaning as he does. He blinks a couple of times and shakes his head.

I sigh heavily to myself.

Abel has been getting drunk a lot lately. Every time I see him, he's always drunk or high or he's bringing a random girl to his apartment.

I know that this is all my fault, but at the end of the day, Abel shouldn't be acting like this just because I walked away.

Our relationship was only a sex only relationship, after all - causal.

There was no talk of changing up our causal relationship to a more serious one.

Abel could've told me about his feelings, but decided to keep it to himself.

I'm kind of glad that he did, even if I do feel the same way about him.

I don't trust him one bit and I don't think I ever will.

Abel stumbles again and I shake my head and close my apartment door before walking over to him.

He looks up at me, blinking. "Taylorrrrrrr!" he says in a slurred voice. "My babyyyyy! I can't stop thinking about youuuuuu!"

"Is that so?" I mutter, leaning down and helping him up.

Abel manages to stay upright with my help and he clings onto me as I walk towards his apartment.

"Where's your keys?" I ask, twisting my head to look at Abel.

He moves his hands around in his jacket pocket and brings out the keys.

A smile creeps up on my lips as I watch Abel fumble around with the keys, trying to find the right key. "Which one is the fucking key?" he mutters under his breath.

I chuckle. "Here, give it to me," I say, holding out my hand.

Abel turns to look at me, eyes glistening. "Mmm, okay, baby," he murmurs, pushing me against the wall and leaving sloppy kisses along my neck.

I push him off me gently. "No, Abel, I didn't mean that!" I say, a little breathlessly.

He looks at me, a sad look in his eye. "My baby hates me," he whispers under his breath, but I hear him.

A pang of guilt runs through me, but I quickly push it away and look away from him. "Keys," I say and he drops them into my hand.

I can feel his eyes on me as I step in front of him and push the key in the lock. I twist it and kick the door open.

Abel stumbles into his apartment and I step in, closing the door behind me. "Come on," I say, pushing him towards the living room.

It literally feels like I'm herding a sheep.

"Ouch, Taylorrr!" Abel groans. "Stop pushing meeeeeeee! You're hurting meeeeee!"