thirty three

Taylor

I step out the lift with one hand clasped around my strawberry milkshake and the other around my food.

When I reach my door, I reach in the back of my pocket and pull out my keys, pushing it in the lock and twisting it.

I kick the door open with my foot and walk in, taking a sip out my milkshake.

I can't believe I was so dumb to not even figure out that I'm pregnant - I mean, what else would explain these weird cravings I'm having?

Sighing, I kick my shoes off before walking into the living.

I almost have a heart attack when I see a dark figure sitting in the living room at the couch. "What the fuck?!" I scream before switching the light on to find Abel looking blankly at me. "How the hell did you get in, Abel?"

Abel chuckles. "Well, I do own this building which means I have a spare key to all the apartments," he tells me. "I knocked first but you weren't home, so I just used the key to get in and wait for you."

"That's not creepy at all," I mutter, taking another sip out of my milkshake.

Abel gets up and walks over to me slowly. I don't pay attention to him because I'm angry at him for what happened earlier tonight.

When I feel the milkshake being taken out of my hand, I look up at Abel and watch him put it on the table.

He comes back to me and places a hand on my stomach. "This complicates things, doesn't it?" he murmurs, rubbing my stomach a little.

I nod. "Yeah," I say quietly.

"I'm sorry I got angry at you," Abel tells me, sighing heavily. He shakes his head. "But you have to understand why I got mad - you actually were thinking about not telling me you're pregnant with my child."

I arch an eyebrow. "And what if he or she isn't your child?" I ask with a smirk and Abel just shoots me an annoyed look, clearly knowing that I'm just taking the piss.

"And I'm sorry for calling you a selfish bitch," Abel carries on. "I just let the anger get the better of me. You're not that at all and . . . I can understand why you would want to keep that child away from me."

I smile, feeling touched by this mini speech Abel is giving. "Thanks," I say slowly before being interrupted by him again.

"I want you to trust me, Taylor," Abel tells me, taking my hand in his and squeezing at it. "I want you to trust me enough to be around this baby. I want to be a Dad to him or her . . ." He trails off and squeezes his eyes shut. "Just don't push me away, please?"

I stare at Abel for a long time. He's actually being genuine about this, but there's just one problem.

I pull my hand out of his slowly before wrapping it around myself. "Have you paid of Hyghly and Hawk?" I want to know.

"Yeah," Abel says, staring me straight in the eye.

I smile. "Good," I say. "Because there's no way I'd let you near me and this child if you didn't." I pause. "Oh,  and you better not be dealing anymore or stashing drugs anywhere in my apartment because I swear to God, I will kill you, Abel Tesfaye, do you fucking understand? I'll never let you see your child if you lie to me again, got it?"