thirty

1 week later

Taylor

"Taylor!" my cousin, Ella screams as she runs towards me and practically jumps on me, causing a couple of heads in the restaurant to turn and look at us. "I missed you! Seattle isn't the same without you! There's no one to go out and get drunk with."

I laugh. "Maybe tonight we can go out," I tell her, scraping back a chair and sitting down opposite her.

"Yes!" she says, clapping her hands together.

Ella's the same age as me. We always used to sneak out the house to go out partying or just drink at the park.

Once we even got caught by our Mums. They were so angry and grounded us, but we still managed to sneak out somehow. It was easy, especially since my mum is a nurse.

The waiter comes over with our menus, handing us one each. His eyes linger on me for a long time and I just smirk to myself, shaking my head and looking down at my menu.

"That waiter was so checking you out," Ella tells me, leaning forward. "Maybe you should get his number - he is hot."

I chuckle, biting down at my lip as my eyes skim over the menu. "Or maybe you should," I say.

Ella narrows her eyes. "What's the problem?" she wants to know. "The guy is hot and clearly interested in you and you're single, right?" I stay silent, not knowing what to say and her eyes grow wide. "Are you seeing someone?"

"What? No!" I exclaim in a hushed voice. "I just want to be single, that's all. I don't really have time for flirting or flings or whatever shit."

My mind goes back to Abel. I didn't see him for the last week while I was in New York, even though we live right next to each other.

I don't even know why I wanted to see him. I guess it's just because I want to reassure myself that he doesn't hate me for walking away from him.

Or maybe because I want to see if he's okay, what with Hyghly and Hawk on his back about this damn money.

Abel told me that he had the money, but was just getting rid of the drugs first.

I don't understand why he wouldn't just pay those two assholes if he has the money?

And as for the drugs, why doesn't he just chuck them down the toilet?

I don't think I'll ever understand Abel and the stupid decisions he makes.

"Okay, fair enough," Ella says now. "Have you hooked up with any guys after Justin?"

I nod, tracing my finger along the wooden table. "Just the one," I say.

Ella starts to grin. "Oooh, spill!" she squeals. "How did it happen? When did you meet? What was he like?"

I chuckle, feeling a tug of sadness at my heart.

Before I can answer her, the waiter comes over to take our orders, his eyes trailing down my face the whole time.

"Can I have the steak with chips and onion rings?" I ask. "Oh, and the chicken wrap with sweet potato fries."

He nods and turns to Ella, who orders a plain old salad. Salad is literally the only thing this girl eats, it's disgusting. She's like a bloody rabbit.