twenty seven

1 week later

Abel

I sigh heavily as I take a sip from my glass of Hennessey, my eyes boring into a particular spot at the far end of the strip club.

A number of girls dance seductively in front of me, but my eyes don't linger onto them like how they used to.

I don't even know why I bothered to come here, or why I've been coming here for the past week.

I just want to escape from everything.

My mind goes back to Taylor and a ache begins to spread in my heart.

I hate that I've fallen in love with a girl after telling myself I'd never do that after Jasmine.

I've lost another girl that I love. Is this some type of curse? I fall in love with someone only for them to leave me. Why the hell am I so unlucky?

The memory of finding Jasmine's lifeless body comes back to haunt me.

Jasmine's lifeless body lays in my arms as I continue to cry.

I've been in the same position for the past five minutes, not knowing what to do and not wanting to move away from her.

Maybe if I just stay here long enough, Jasmine will wake up? She won't be dead anymore and we'll be able to get on with our lives, just as we planned.

We'll move away to Los Angeles, get married, have children and I'll probably start a career in music.

When she doesn't wake up like I'm expecting her to, the tears stream down my face even more faster than what they were before and I scream out in anger and sadness.

"You said you'd never leave me," I say between the sobs. "You said you'd never leave me. Why would you leave me?"

Letting go of Jasmine's body, I lay her back down and stare at her beautiful face.

She looks so peaceful. It's hard to believe that she's dead - she could just be sleeping, about to wake up at any moment.

Kissing the top of her head, I wipe away my tears that have fallen onto her cheeks.

"I love you," I whisper, pressing my lips against her cold cheeks as I close my eyes.

"I love you, too," I hear her say back.

My eyes fly open, heart thumping against my chest. Did I hear what I really heard?

My heart drops when I find that Jasmine is still in her lifeless state.

I look down her body to find that she's still got the pills in her hands.

"Fuck!" I scream, getting up and  breaking a nearby vase. "Why the fuck did you do it, Jas?"

Was it on purpose? Was it an accident?

I'll never know because I'll never get to ask her again!

Why the fuck did I leave her alone in this house, knowing everything that has happened to her over these past couple of months? Why didn't I fucking take her with me to get the ring?