CHAPTER 3- A GIRL IN THE METRO

Fawaz hurried in the metro station to catch his 7:00am metro, Damn! The Delhi metro. He squeezed his way through the crowd. He adjusted his tie and fixed his shirt, tugging them in his pants. He looked right and saw a middle-aged woman stare at him lustfully. Fawaz turned away avoiding her gaze, side effects of being handsome.

Fawaz glanced at his watch, it's 6.45. He is relieved. He thought today his flawless record will be broken. After his breakup with Miara yesterday, Fawaz was devastated; he went to a bar and tried to gulp down his heartbreak with bottles of wine. He had passed out at the bar and woke up next morning sleeping on one of the couch there, it was thoughtful of the manager to not kick him out.

After he found his wallet missing, he had realized he was not that lucky. Thankfully, he wasn't carrying much cash with him and luckily, he had his mobile.

Once home, he had taken a quick shower and got half dressed. With his shirt buttons, partially undone, his tie and coat in his one hand and his briefcase in the other he rushed to the nearby metro ignoring lustful stares from the females and envious stares from the males.

Finally, the metro arrived and Fawaz along with the crowd climbed inside, its peak office hour like Fawaz, everyone else is also in hurry to reach their work destination.

'Damn!' Fawaz cursed realizing there is no seat left for him, he will have to stand for the fifteen-minute ride. He quickly wore his coat and adjusted his hair looking at his reflection in the window. There is a sudden jerk and Fawaz felt something soft hit him, he turned his head to his left and his gaze met a pair of very beautiful hazel Bambi eyes. Fawaz felt himself getting knocked out of his senses. Such beautiful eyes. He has never seen such beauty. Her eyes so captivating that he felt his gaze glued to them not wanting to look away at the other features.

'Sorry' the girl muttered, and her voice brought him back to reality. He shook his head.

'It's okay' he said softly, he then turned away but secretly kept watching her from the corner of his eyes.

Soon the metro stopped at a station and few people got down and few got in. Fawaz could have taken a seat but he didn't want to stand away from this woman. Just then a guy entered, he is a lanky young man. The girl smiled at him, they hug and kiss...on lips.

Fawaz frowned and quickly looked away. Luckily, he found an empty seat away from the couple. He quickly sat his mood terribly off.

Arshad Khan, senior manager, he greeted Fawaz as he got in the elevator. Fawaz smiled formally, he must even if he hates him. Fawaz is aiming to get promoted to post of senior manager but for that Arshad should quit or get promoted. Honestly, Fawaz felt he is worthier to be a senior manager than Arshad. Mr. Khan is a middle-aged man with a son settled abroad and daughter, while Fawaz is young, talented, and more dedicated towards his work than him.

'Fawaz, there is something I have decided' Arshad said as the two men walked towards their cabin.

'Yes sir' Fawaz said politely.

'I am looking for an alliance for my daughter, once that's done I am planning to retire' Fawaz's face lit up as a brainstorm idea hit him

'Sir, if you don't mind. There is a guy I would like to suggest. Zeeshan Qureshi. He is my childhood friend.' Fawaz said excitedly. Arshad looked at him surprised, for a moment complementing the suggestion, then his tensed expression changed into relief.

'Son,' he placed his hand on Fawaz's shoulder 'you are very sensible and intelligent man. You have all the quality of a perfect groom and if your friend is even half of what you are, then I guess my daughter has found a perfect match.' Arshad said smiling widely. He is happy but not as much as Fawaz is. Fawaz is the happiest, he might be finally getting his much deserved and much-delayed promotion.