CHAPTER 44- PAIN AND LONELINESS

Fawaz couldn't sleep that night, he kept staring at the ceiling. Maha's smiling face swimming before his eyes. A lone tear escaped the corner of his left eye.

The first thing he did after coming home was, contact his lawyer. He is going to free Maha from this bondage so that she could live happily, move on with Behrad who seemed to love her.

The thought of being separated from Maha is making Fawaz feel suffocated. Even when he was with her he didn't realize that he loves her, but he does now.

After Maha left Fawaz was devastated and fallen prey to mild depression but it wasn't just concern or guilt that made him like that, it was love. Yes, he loved Maha and still does. And for the sake of that love, he is going to let her go.

Maha will never be happy with a man like him. Dr. Zubair is right, her condition might relapse and that he doesn't want to happen.

Fawaz now realized that the base of their relationship itself was fake and the so the result is this, he has now become a dangerous poison for her. He recollected the smile she had on her face when she had greeted Behrad, she seemed so happy. But then last night, after the baby shower when he had taken her outside he noticed very clearly the love for him in her eyes even though she wasn't aware of it, but emotions from the heart cannot be controlled, it cannot be tamed. He sighed, maybe she still loves him but he is sure Behrad's love for her will make her forget everything about him. A jerk like him deserves this.

Fawaz has also gotten Behrad's address, he wanted to speak to him before handing Maha to him, she is very special to him and he can do anything for her happiness and if her happiness is with Behrad then so be it.

Then there are his kids Majid and Faheem, he smiled sadly recollecting their innocent faces. Unfortunately, they didn't take their mother's beautiful eyes but his, the thought of being a father made Fawaz very happy but at the same time, he felt his heart sink thinking he won't be with them. He remembered one of them calling him uncle, little do they know the one they are referring to as Uncle is their father. Perhaps it's for good that they don't know he is their father, else they will hate him. He deserves that hatred but he isn't ready for it, he is willing to be called Uncle and be a stranger to them rather than see hatred in their eyes.

That night Fawaz cried himself to sleep.