CHAPTER 29- MAHA MEETS HIS FRIEND

Fawaz got two cups of coffee in his cabin, Miara sat in her chair still crying. Fawaz handed her a cup, she hesitated at first but then took it. Fawaz sat next to her. He kept looking at her with a sinking feeling in his heart, there is deadly silence between them.

'My own parents did this to me.... How can they?' she whispered after a while, her cup trembling in her grip. Fawaz placed his hand over hers

'All I said was that I wanted to wait for you, I want to marry you...'she looked at him, tears in her eyes.

'I love you...Fawaz...'she said wiping her tears, Fawaz gently patted her hands, she jerked her hand

'It's all your fault...why can't you marry me?' she said looking at him angrily. Fawaz lowered his head feeling ashamed. It is all indeed his fault, his stupid wish for a promotion. Now what? He got his promotion but has lost his love and is also hurting his friend.

It is now that reality hits him, Miara is back, she loves him and he loves her, she wants to marry but he...he is already married.

'Fawaz...' Miara said breaking his trance, he looked at her helplessly. She sensed something is wrong, she frowned.

'Miara' he held her hands in his, she has left everything for him. He felt terrible.

'There is something I need to tell you' he said gulping nervously, he gazed into her eyes and narrated everything that happened. She has more tears in her eyes now. Fawaz had, to be honest with Miara. She is hurt, he could see that on her face.

She moved her palms from his grip and stood up adjusting her shawl, 'I am sorry, I shouldn't have come' she said, her voice hoarse. She turned around to leave

Fawaz walked up to her and made her look at him, 'Miara, whatever happened to you is my fault and I am going to take responsibility for all this' he said firmly, placing his hands on her shoulder

She moved his hands and looked at him shaking her head, 'No, Fawaz...it's my fault. I had decided to marry someone else. I should have stuck to it' she said taking a step back. Fawaz walked up to her and hugged her tight.

'Nothing was your fault' he assured her and she began to cry again.

*************************

That evening Fawaz returned home, he nervously rang the doorbell. Miara stood next to him, she too is nervous and clenching his shirt tightly. Begum opened the door smiling widely, her smile faded on noticing Miara. Thankfully, neither Begum nor Naveen had met Miara, her gaze fell on her bruise and she looked at her concerned.

Fawaz held Miara's hand leading her in, luckily in the living room, Naveen and Maha are sitting. Fawaz felt guilty on noticing Maha there. She smiled widely at him and got up to greet him but stopped in her tracks when she noticed Miara with him, her gaze traveled from Miara to their joined hands and she scowled.

'Dad, Mom, Maha. This is Miara, my friend...and there is some trouble at her place' Fawaz then went on to explain that Miara's parents wanted her married against her wish and when she refused they did this to her and disowned her.

Begum looked at her with sad expression while Maha seemed skeptical

'Miara will be staying with us' Fawaz finished

'Of course, Beta' Begum said placing her hand over Miara's shoulder, she simply nodded her head.

'How long will she be staying?' Maha asked sternly, her hands crossed over her chest.

'Till things get better' Fawaz replied slightly annoyed with her tone.

'Beta, Miara needs our help. We should stand by her.' Naveen explained to Maha, but she seemed unhappy. She rolled her eyes and walked out from the room. Fawaz knew she is insecure and he will deal with her later, right now Miara needs him.

********************

Later that night, Fawaz knocked at Miara's door. He held a tray of a hot chicken soup which Begum had made for her. After he gets an affirmative reply he entered. Miara sat on the bed holding a photo frame in her hand, her gaze fixed on it. She looked up at him and smiled sadly placing the photo frame beside her. Fawaz saw the photo to be of a middle-aged man and woman, they are her parents. Fawaz had met them only once, it was soon after they had gotten into their relationship.

'Miara, Mom made this soup for you. Have it, you will feel better' he said taking a spoonful of soup and forwarding it towards her mouth. She smiled and drinking it.

'I guess your wife doesn't like me' she said sadly, Fawaz took another spoonful

'I will talk to her soon, you know her condition, right?' Fawaz explained as he feeds her soup. Miara nodded taking a sip from the spoon. Fawaz had given all details of Maha to her, about her paranoia and her insecurity. He had requested that they will have to be very casual with her as he doesn't want to hurt her. Miara had agreed.

Just then the door opened and both froze. Maha stood there dressed in her usual nightwear. She walked up to them, she held Fawaz's arms

'Come with me, I need to talk to you' she said ignoring Miara, Fawaz sighed helplessly as she dragged him to their room which is adjacent to Miara's.

She locked the door and looked at Fawaz with her hand on her hips, 'Why are you ignoring me?' she asked straight away.

Fawaz held her cheeks, 'No dear, I am not ignoring you...but right now Miara needs me' he explained, she jerked away his hands

'Right...after last night you lost interest in me, right?' she accused him. Fawaz's eyes widen with shock, this what she thinks of him? She claims to love him yet she is accusing him with such baseless accusation.

'Do I look like a pervert who will use a woman?' he said grabbing her shoulders angrily. She held his hands in hers

'I am sorry...'her voice trembled, she then hugged him, 'Please don't leave me...I am sorry' she pleaded holding him tight.

Fawaz sighed and hugged her, 'I will never leave you, Maha.' He said sincerely. She smiled and hugged him back.

Fawaz freshened up and came out of the bathroom dressed in only his track pants. He noticed Maha isn't there, he got worried and hurriedly left his room. He noticed her coming out of Miara's room, his first reaction was a relief. She looked at him and smiled.

'What were you doing in her room?' he asked her suspiciously

'Bonding.' she shrugged casually, he eyed her suspiciously still not convinced, Maha locked the door. Fawaz walked next to the bedside table to text Miara, he wanted to assure that if she had her soup. As he picked up his phone, he felt Maha's fingers wrap around his wrist. She took the phone from his hand and switched it off, placing it back on the table she looked at him seductively.

'Maha...' Fawaz began when she placed her finger on his lips silencing him. She tiptoed and kissed his lips.

Fawaz stood there numb, she smirked as she pushed him on the bed

'Maha, please...I am not in the mood' he protested as she climbed over him

'Shh...forget everything else for now' she whispered seductively gazing his stubbles with her index finger and trailing it downwards to his chest to his abs. Fawaz gulped, he parted his lips to say something but Maha quickly pressed her lips over his, kissing him possessively.

A few hours later, Fawaz lay on his back, his gaze fixed on the rotating ceiling fan. He turned his head towards his right and sighed on noticing Maha naked frame wrapped with a red blanket, he could hear faint snores. He turned facing her and watched her sleeping peacefully. She looked so angelic with a glow on her face. He smiled

He kept admiring her for a while.

'I am sorry...'he whispered and gently caressed her cheek, she stirred in her sleep and turned the other side, her back facing him.

Fawaz watched her and soon fell asleep.