CHAPTER 32- FAWAZ'S DECISION

Fawaz is speechless. What just happened? Fawaz took a minute to remind himself that he loved Miara. But then why is he extra concerned for Maha. Is it because they have become close friends or is it because he has fallen in love with Maha?

No, Maha isn't just his friend, she is his wife, his responsibility. He had promised to be with her, he not only promised this to her and Tasneem but also to himself. Fawaz is really the man of his words. But somewhere deep down he knew he has feelings for Maha which is more than just friendship. But then looking at Miara, he felt guilty for her state and feels his responsibility towards her as well.

He moved forward and held her hand, 'Maha is my wife... she is more than my friend' he explained, Miara jerked away his hands

'Then it's decided, I am leaving tomorrow' she said, Fawaz sighed

'Miara, please don't make it difficult for me' he said her softly and held her face in his palms and stared into her eyes.

Miara placed her palms over his, her eyes glistening with tears, 'For the first time, I don't see any love in your eyes' she said softly. Fawaz is stunned. Why is she saying this? It can't be true; how can she not see love in his eyes? Of course, he loves her...doesn't he?

'You have changed, Fawaz' she said, Fawaz looked at the floor. He frowned complementing what she had just said. He doesn't know what has happened to him, but he knew one thing that he is not showing her pity.

And he is going to prove it to her, he extended his hand and held her hand, 'I will marry you...I will give you everything that you deserve and I will prove to you that I love you' he said firmly though his own words sounded alien to his ears. What is happening? Has he really changed? Does he not love her anymore, why does he have to prove it then? Who is he trying to prove, Miara or himself?

Fawaz didn't want to think, all he cared for now was proving that he still Miara and making up for all the unfair treatment Miara had to bear because of him.

**************************

Next day it's Saturday and the entire family are gathered at the breakfast table. Begum and Miara are busy cooking while Maha arranged the plates and arguing with Naveen over an extra Paratha. Fawaz took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen.

He felt nervous as he announced, 'I want to talk to you all.' Everyone looks up at him.

Begum smiled walking up to her son, 'Not now, first have breakfast' she held his arm. Fawaz moved his hand from his mother's grip.

'No, Mom...this is important' he said, he could feel his heart beat increasing and his palms sweating again.

He looked at Miara who smiled nodding at him, he felt better but then he looked at Maha and his heart sank, she is going to be beyond hurt. He looked at his mother who stared at him clueless.

'I have made a decision' he said firmly and looked down at the floor and then back up again at his family members.

He had mentally rehearsed everything yet he is feeling terribly nervous. He is anticipating a loud outburst.

He exhaled loudly, 'I am going to....' He gulped composed himself. He isn't much worried about his parents, he will convince them somehow but is major concern is Maha, she will flip out for sure.

He mustered a lot of courage and manage to announce, 'I have decided...I am going to ma...I am going to... marry Miara.'

He immediately looked a Maha ignoring the gasp from his mother and a small smile on Miara's face. Maha looked crest fallen, all the glow from her face drained within seconds.

His father stood up angrily.

'Are you mad? You are already married, how can you even think this way' he yelled at Fawaz, this is the first time ever he has raised his voice; usually he is very calm. Begum stumbled few steps but grabbed the chair to steady herself. Fawaz's gaze still fixed on Maha, she is looking down.

'I am asking you something?' Naveen bellowed at Fawaz charging towards him. Fawaz noticed tears fall from Maha's eyes and onto her cheeks, he could feel his own eyes getting moist.

'Fawaz...' his father shook him, Fawaz slowly moved his gaze from Maha and then to his father. Naveen glared at him.

'Dad, Miara is my friend and she needs me...After what happened with her...she has nowhere to go' he said softly

Naveen looked away, 'But then why should "you" marry her? you are already married, you idiot.'

'I can't see Miara in pain' Fawaz said, feeling guilty with every word. He doesn't have in him to confess the whole truth.

'And about Maha, what's her fault in all this? why are you hurting her?' Naveen yelled

Maha rushed out of the room while Miara hurried towards Fawaz and hugged him tight

'Thank you' she murmured, Fawaz is still stared at the door from where Maha had just left. Naveen glared at Fawaz and after few seconds he too left. Begum had slumped on the chair is taking deep breath to compose herself.