CHAPTER 22- TALKING ABOUT EX

Fawaz held her face in his palms, 'I had a girlfriend, but that didn't work out...and it's past' he said. Maha nodded and distances their frame, she then rested her head on his shoulder

'Fawaz, can love happen twice?' she asked softly. Fawaz looked at her surprised.

'I always believe that love happens only once. I thought I loved Sohaib, but then he broke my heart and walked away...I met you and was instantly attracted to you, you looked so cute when you were angry (she smiled) I don't know when I fell in love with you, we were supposed to be just friends...but now I am feeling guilty. I was supposed to fall in love only once that I did with Sohaib...' she said looking sad.

Fawaz doesn't like the sound of this, Maha seemed so confident when she had said she loved him but now she seems confused.

'You still love him?' Fawaz asked hesitantly

She looked at him with a guilty expression, 'I am not sure' she said biting her lips. Fawaz's mouth nearly fell open, he felt offended. He tried to get up when Maha held his hand

'I am sorry' she said and hugged him.

Fawaz jerked away her hand, 'If you love him then what are you doing here with me?' he said angrily

Maha glared at him, 'Don't talk to me like this' she said

Fawaz also glared at her, 'I will talk with you the way I want' he said still angry, he doesn't like the idea of her still being in love with her ex.

'Oh, so before marriage you were all gentle and sweet, but after marriage...this is your tone?' she said placing her hand on her hips

'Oh...how will you react if I say I wasn't interested in marrying you and am still in love with my ex?' he said looking at her.

She frowned at him, 'Don't you dare' she pointed her index finger at him.

He shook his head, 'Double standard much' he said sarcastically.

Maha placed her palms on his chest and pushed him, he stumbled few steps back. But he continued to glare at her. He then grabbed her arms and pinned her down on the bed. She looked straight into his eyes as she wriggled under him to free herself

'Don't you dare think of someone other than me.' he hissed and she stopped struggling and stared into his eyes.

Her breathing getting uneven as their eyes get locked. Fawaz gazed into her hazel orbs and he recollected the first time he had seen them in the metro station, she had kissed the other man and now that image is haunting him.

Without thinking he pressed his lips against hers kissing her harshly. She winced but he doesn't stop kissing her. Soon enough she grabbed his mane and pulled him closer reciprocating their kiss, as they kissed deeply Fawaz ran his palms over her thighs. Maha gasped but they didn't stop kissing. He slowly moved his hand under her Tee running his fingers over her navel, he could feel goose bumps on her soft skin. Her body responding positively to his touch making his ego soar high. They broke the kiss and looked at each other breathless.

'You still love him?' he asked, kissing her jawline, she inhaled sharply arching her head giving him space to kiss her slender neck.

'You still love him?' he asked again and gently bit her neck

'I...I...don't...know' she whispered

Fawaz moved his lips towards her collarbone nibbling it softly, she moaned softly turning him on seriously. He gently caressed her waist making her shiver, she held his nape and pulled him closer.

'Fawaz....' She moaned, 'I need to...talk...' she said breathlessly.

Fawaz stopped and separated their frames and he sat up. Maha also adjusted her dress and sat leaving some space between them. Fawaz felt guilty for his rash behavior but before he could apologize, Maha spoke

'Fawaz...You know why I and my mom are having a strained relationship?'

He looked at her shaking his head, she looked at him with moist eyes

'It's because of Mr. Khanna...my mother's fiancé' she said and then looked away, tears brimming in her eyes. Fawaz placed his hand on her shoulder, he felt concerned for her.

'It hadn't been a year since Dad passed away and my mother found Mr. Khanna, initially, it started as friendship but later one day I found her with him, they were hugging. I was hurt but then I thought they are just friends and friends hug each other. It's normal. After Dad, I had become a totally different person. I was closest to my dad and no one else was close to me. After him, I became paranoid, moody. When my mom confessed, she is planning to marry Mr. Khanna I was devastated. He isn't a nice man, I know by the way he used to look at me. I hate him' she said, her voice began to crack and she let her head fall on his shoulder

'I felt like mom is cheating on Dad, his memories, his love. How easily can she move on? When I could never move on from Dad. But then by leaving Sohaib and moving on with you, I am doing the same thing, right?' she confessed and began to sob.

Fawaz placed his hand on her shoulder and distance their frames

'No, you are not' Fawaz said cupping her face gently with his palms, he wiped her tears with hi thumbs.

'How can you say that?' she asked innocently

'Because you never loved Sohaib and trust me he wasn't worth it either' Fawaz said calmly.

'Then you didn't love your Ex either?' she asked

This made Fawaz think, the reason of his split with Miara wasn't because there was no love left in between them or one cheated on the other, the reason for their split was circumstances; his inability to commit. Fawaz moving on from Miara isn't because he fell in love with someone else, it is again the circumstances and truth be told he hasn't truly moved on from her, maybe he still loves her.

But of course, he can't tell this to Maha, unwillingly he must lie again

'My girlfriend's marriage got fixed with someone else, her parents didn't like us being together' He said. This was a good answer, neither a lie nor the whole truth.

'But then you love her?' she probed. Fawaz simply looked at her

'You know Fawaz, after Dad I feel the closest to you. I never felt this way with Sohaib. Please don't leave to me' she said wrapping her arms around his and shifting closer to him. Fawaz nodded and whispered.

'I will never leave you.'