CHAPTER 33- MAHA'S REACTION

Fawaz entered his room and found Maha packing her stuff in her bag, he took small steps towards her.

'Maha...'he said weakly. Maha looked at him and walked up to him. He looked at her, a teardrop falling from his eyes. She stared at him for few seconds before slapping him tightly. It is a hard slap. He placed his palm on his cheek, he could feel his cheeks warm. He looked at her again, welcoming another slap on his other cheek. He kept quiet taking her slaps silently, he deserves this. His life just got too messed up, he should have expected this the moment he agreed to marry Maha for the promotion.

'Maha...please don't leave me.' he said as she turned to walk away.

She turned glaring at him, 'Dare you, say my name from your filthy mouth.' she warned pointing her index finger at him, her eyes red with fury and her nose flaring.

'Please...'he said, his lips trembled.

'Why? One wife won't be enough for you?' she questioned him, her words pierced his heart.

'Maha is not that...Miara she needs me' he said, Maha turned to look at him.

'And you are running a charity here, right?' she said sternly

'No...No...' he said.

Maha interrupted him, 'Why did you marry me, Fawaz?' she asked. Fawaz looked up at her.

'You love me, right?' she asked after there was no reply from him. He didn't know what to say and so chose to remain quiet.

After a while, he walked up to her and extended his hand to hold hers but she quickly moved her hand away, 'You want to marry that bitch, go ahead...I will stay here and watch everything, I will be here to witness how low you can fall, Mr. Fawaz Malik' she said, Fawaz knew this will be difficult. What else did he expect from her? Did he expect her to happily accept the marriage? He lowered his head, Maha pushed past him but stopped at the doorway, 'Don't you dare show your face to me.' she said sternly and then turned around walking away. Fawaz watched her go sadly.

As she left Fawaz fell on his knees, tears in his eyes.

'Maha' he said, his lips trembled, today he realized he might have lost her forever. And it hurts him, very badly.