CHAPTER 49- FAWAZ AND KIAH

That evening as Fawaz sat with Zeeshan and his family he felt uncomfortable, they were playing a board game but Fawaz excused himself saying he has a headache and simply sat there on the sofa watching them, reason is that he can't concrete on anything but Kiah and his kids. The time he spent there he felt the happiest he has ever felt in years. Beside him Maham is seated, she is knitting a pair of socks, this is the second one she is making.

The room is filled with laughter and the atmosphere here is jolly and light-hearted. Fawaz is liking the change.

The doorbell rang, the time is 6.30 so it could be anyone. Fawaz jumped from his seat and went to open the door, the servant had already opened the door. Fawaz is surprised to see Kiah and the boys, the boys hiding behind her looking nervous.

'Kiah!' Fawaz walked up to them. The boys smiled coming from behind their mother and ran towards him hugging him tightly. She smiled awkwardly.

Fawaz looked at them, the boys are wearing an identical checked shirt and brown pants, their hair neatly combed and Kiah is looking stunning in grey tank top and black bolero shrug with black Harem pants, matched with white sneakers. Her hair tied in a high ponytail. She isn't with makeup yet she looked beautiful. Fawaz admired her for a minute before reminding himself of the reality. He smiled warmly at her.

'The kids were insisting on meeting you.' Kiah said not meeting his eyes, Fawaz knew the kids are under her full control, even if they were insisting she knew very well how to handle them but for some reason, Fawaz wanted to believe that they have come here because Kiah wanted to.

The family members are also surprised to find her and the kids here, Zeeshan looked at Fawaz and smiled, a twinkle in his eyes. Fawaz returned his smile with even a brighter smile.

'What are you all playing?' one of the boys asked as they come towards the table where the board game was being played, Zeeshan very smartly lured them to the game. The boys were reluctant at first. Fawaz noticed his kids are little shy but once they open to someone it is then one sees their crazy side.

Zeeshan looked at Fawaz and winked at him.

Kiah greeted Maham while Fawaz arranged some snacks and tea for Kiah. The woman began chatting while Fawaz watched them silently and little agitated because Kiah wasn't paying much attention to him.

'Maham, darling. Don't take so much stress. Fawaz show Kiah around.' Zeeshan said after a while, Maham nodded. Zeeshan and Fawaz passed a knowing smile at each other.

*****************************

Fawaz took Kiah to the balcony, he loves the spot here. Kiah held her mug and is sipping the tea whilst enjoying the view, it's lovely scene from here, but Fawaz is enjoying another beautiful view, Kiah's pretty face.

The gentle breeze blowing her silky hair, few strands falling on her face but she is least bothered about them.

'It feels so peaceful here' she said and turning her head she looked at him, Fawaz nodded. She sips her tea looking at him.

'I am sorry for coming so unexpectedly.' she confessed lowering her gaze, Fawaz shook his head.

'I love such surprises.' he said smirking, she blushed slightly looking away. Fawaz smiled widely, his words still affected her.

They stood in silence, with gentle breeze rattling the leaves.

'You left so suddenly I was very disturbed, I hope Behrad didn't upset you' she said sounding serious, Fawaz looked at her and then shook his head.

'Please don't mind him. Behrad at times gets very.... emotional.' Kiah said

'No, there is nothing like that.' Fawaz admitted.

'I feel cold vibes between him and you, I had a small argument with him too on this.' she confessed and Fawaz doesn't like the sound of this.

'Kiah, please don't argue with him that too for me. He loves you.' he said looking up into her eyes, he could see love in them, yes, he is not mistaken, it is love that he sees in those beautiful orbs he is a fan of.

She nodded her head and turned to look front. She sighed.

After seeing love in her eyes, Fawaz couldn't stop himself from taking a step, a step towards her.

'Kiah, if you don't mind me asking, may I?' Fawaz paused waiting for her response. When she gave a small nod, he said, '...Do you love him?' As he asked his heart began to race, he wondered what is she going to reply.

She looked at him as though stunned with his question, she looked away tugging her hair behind her ear, 'Of course, he is my fiancé' she said avoiding his eyes and he got his answer.

'Sorry.' he said looking away hiding his smile.

Again, there is silence, Zeeshan's mother came to them asking if they needed something or if Fawaz was boring her. Kiah smiled shaking her head.

Some more time passed and Kiah climbed down the parapet where she had been sitting.

'Fawaz, if you don't mind can I ask you a favor?' she asked looking uncertain.

'Hmm...' Fawaz nodded.

She bit her lower lip nervously, 'You know Dad isn't here and...I and kids...we will feel safe if you are around.' she said looking everywhere but him, Fawaz knew it was an excuse to have him around, else she could have asked Behrad to stay with them, she would have been more comfortable and safer then.

'But Behrad will not like me being around, maybe you should ask him?' Fawaz shrugged.

'Don't worry about him, I will handle him...and I don't know why but I will feel safer with you? Else I wouldn't have let a stranger in my house whole night yesterday.' she said looking at him this time, Fawaz knew why she was telling the truth?

'Kids will also love to have you around.' she added looking at him hopefully, Fawaz nodded his head

'I will get some clothes.' he said, Kiah smiled brightly and together they go down to join everyone else.