CHAPTER 59- HE IS YOUR FATHER

'Uncle...uncle...'Majid and Faheem excitedly pounced over Fawaz, he felt good seeing them, little of his burden lessening on seeing his kids. Maha smiled seeing them

'Mom, why are you crying?' Faheem asked looking at his mother curiously

'Uncle is also crying?' Majid pointed out

'No babies, we met after long so we were little emotional....' She said, they nodded. They then hugged Fawaz tightly

'We missed you so much, uncle' they say in unison

Fawaz kneeled kissing their forehead, 'I missed you too' he said looking at them lovingly.

Maha kneeled beside Fawaz, 'Majid...Faheem...don't call him uncle...' she said and Fawaz turned sharply to look at her, she looked at him. He shook his head telling her now is not the good time to tell them this. She simply smiled

'Then what should we call him?' Faheem asked innocently

'Call him, daddy' she said simply

Majid and Faheem passed curious glances at each other, 'Why? You married him?' Majid asked

Maha smiled, 'I had married him before you were born...he is your father.' she said. Fawaz could feel his heartbeat accelerating as he anticipated their reaction – how will they react?

'Then why did he leave us?' Faheem asked sounding angry and Fawaz felt his heart sink

'He was there beta, he was busy with work and Mumma's health wasn't good na so he had to stay away (she caressed their hair's lovingly) but he loves us' she said

'Then why...' Faheem began and Maha hugged both, 'Enough with the questions, spend some time with your father'

Faheem and Majid broke the hug, 'No, we don't want to play with him.'

'He is bad.'

'He left us...'

'He doesn't love us...'

'Faheem, Majid.' Maha said sternly. The kids had tears in their eyes, they glared at Fawaz, then one of them said, 'We thought you were good uncle, but you are bad.'

Fawaz shook his head and held their cheeks with his palms, 'Yes, I am bad. And I deserve this hate but trust me, I love you both. You are my children, a part of me.' he said sincerely.

'Then why didn't you come for us all these years?' other one asked confidently. Fawaz smiled sadly

'Because I got lost. And now,' he held their shoulders, 'I have found you and your mother, now nothing can separate us.' Fawaz said

'Promise?' both the boys said in unison. Fawaz nodded, 'Promise.' He held her hands and kissed their palms, unshed tears glistening in his eyes. The boys glanced at each other before hugging Fawaz. Tears rolled down his eyes as he hugged his boys.

As Fawaz played with his twins temporary smiling and laughing he forgot his pain and worries, Tasneem had seen them together and glared at him, but he ignored her...nothing matters to him but his kids and his wife.

***************************

Soon dinner was done, Fawaz wanted to take leave but Maha was so worried thinking he might flip out again and insisted he stayed back. Fawaz hesitantly agreed.

Fawaz came out of the washroom wiping his face with a towel, he saw both his kids lying on the bed asleep. He smiled looking at their innocent faces.

'Cute, aren't they?' Maha said coming inside the room, Fawaz looked at her and nodded.

Maha came towards him as he sat on his side of the bed, she stood in front of him

'Fawaz...I have made a decision (Fawaz doesn't look at her but adjusted the pillow) I am not going divorce you...but don't think I have taken this decision pitying Miara...I still hate her. I have taken this decision because I love you' she said looking at him, Fawaz stood up.

'Good that you came to your senses' he said with a smile, and then added, 'I love you too.'

'Fawaz (she held his face in her palms) please don't be angry with me...I love you...I came here for you...'she said making him look at her. She leaned forward and pressed her lips over his but he doesn't respond. So much going on in his head.

Maha took a step back looking at him, her eyes welling with tears.

Fawaz on the other hand isn't sure if he should believe Maha, what if tomorrow on seeing Miara with him she changes her decision, but then she has introduced him to her kids as their father it should mean she is serious this time.

'Go to sleep' he smiled and lay down on his side when there is no response and he opened his eyes

'What?' he asked on seeing her still standing looking down playing with her fingers biting her lower lip

'I want to cuddle with you and sleep' she said softly

Fawaz blinked at her, 'but kids...'

'We can sleep in Mom's room' she said and Fawaz frowned

'Won't she be sleeping there' he said raising his eyebrows

She looked at him shamefully 'Mom is with Mr. Khanna...remember I had told you about him...Mom is having an affair with him...' she looked away feeling embarrassed.

Fawaz frowned recollecting the night Maha mentioning about certain Mr. Khanna, her mother's fiancé; she had expressed her dislike for him saying he did have bad eyes on her.

Maha held his hand, 'My mom easily forgot my dad and moved on with him, this disgusted me beyond anything...and when you decided to marry Miara...I thought you will forget me too...' she said letting a tear drop fall from her eyes.

Fawaz sat up on the bed and placed his other hand over hers and looked at her understanding everything now, a part of her insecurity was triggered because of her past. He should have been considerate and tried to understand her POV. He stood up taking her hand in his, she smiled wiping her tears

'I lost you once, Maha. I don't want to lose you again. This time I will die.' Maha covered his mouth with her palm. He blinked at her she shook her head.

'Don't ever say that.' She said seriously.

He smiled and slowly removed her palm. They stared into each other's eyes. Maha tugged on his arm and Fawaz followed. She smiled leading him to her mother's room.