CHAPTER 13- BOSS'S DECISION

That night Fawaz and Maha spent talking on phone, they didn't speak anything sensible just sweet nothing. Neither of them wanted to keep the phone and soon doze off holding the phone to their ears.

Next morning Fawaz got up cheerfully, he is feeling lighter and happier he had felt in days. Now he is no longer sulking over Miara leaving him, he does miss her at times but with Maha, he forgets all his stress. Within few meetings they connected so deeply, this is something new for Fawaz.

He is now even more active in finding a groom for her, he hopes she doesn't take this otherwise. But what will he tell her? How will he convince her? He tries not to think about this and for now, focus on finding a groom for her.

************************

One week later, Fawaz worked in his cabin when a peon came and informing him that Tasneem wanted to meet him. Fawaz wondered what she wanted him for. As he made his way towards her cabin his heart beat begun to accelerate, a small voice from in his head whispered

"Maybe she is so impressed with the way you are handling Maha that she is going to promote you"

Finally, the promotion he has been so desperate for, he adjusted his tie and coat. He knocked at her cabin door, after hearing her reply, Fawaz entered in the cabin. He gulped as he looked at her sitting behind her long mahogany desk, her eyes fixed on her computer screen.

'Maam, you wanted to see me?' he asked nervously, she looked up at him and smiled.

'Mr. Fawaz Malik, Yes I wanted to meet you. There is something I wanted to talk to you...' Fawaz nodded entering the cabin, 'You are our best employee. You are talented, intelligent, and smart. Your family background is also respectable...' she said

Fawaz smiled inwardly assuming he is going to get promoted, and promotion is what he is going to get. Fawaz smiled formally at the Bank's President, Mrs. Tasneem Shah.

She removed her glasses and looked at him, 'You are handsome too' she said beaming. Fawaz is taken aback for a while, he must have done very good to get so many compliments from his boss. Surely, he is going to get promoted to Senior Manager's post.

Tasneem gestured him to sit, nodding his head Fawaz sat. 'Fawaz, I have made a decision' she said leaning back against her chair and joining her fingertips together resting her elbows on her armrest, she gestured him to have water but Fawaz politely refused. But one stern look from his boss made him reluctantly take the glass

'So, as I was saying, I have selected you for my daughter' she said calmly

Fawaz choked on the water and looked up wide eyed. Tasneem smirked at him watching his reaction. Fawaz is confused now, why does Tasneem want him to marry Maha?

'I have noticed Maha feeling happy, she is unlike how she used to be. She is no longer a rebel and surprisingly she is talking politely to me. I was suspicious at first, but then one night I heard her talking to someone. At first, I was worried but then I realized it was you. I thought about this and have decided. You are perfect for my daughter' she finished, all this while listening to her talk Fawaz's mouth fell open.

Tasneem snapped her fingers in front of him bringing him out of his dazed state.

'Maam...I and Maha, we are just friends' he said after he found his voice, Tasneem smiled.

'Even better, marrying a friend is better than marrying a stranger' she said and Fawaz stared at her shocked, she seemed determined

'We don't love each other' he made a desperate excuse.

She looked at him sternly, 'I was thinking of that promotion you so dearly wanted, Mr. Malik' Tasneem said coolly, her gaze fixed on her nails.