CHAPTER 28- TWIST IN FAWAZ'S LIFE

Next day Fawaz is working in his new cabin, but he felt very distracted. His intimate moments with Maha replayed in his mind in loop, he can't wait to be back at home and to take her in his arms and make senseless love to her again. He couldn't remove her thoughts, her naked body, her smiles, her soft body pressed under his, the blissful moment of being in her. He sighed leaning back against his chair, he shook his head. A smile playing on his lips. Then he heard a soft knock at his door.

'Come in' he said and looks towards the door expectantly, maybe it's Maha and if it's her he has decided he will not stop himself and make love to her in his cabin itself.

The door opened and a woman entered his cabin, his smile faded on noticing Miara enter his cabin. He noticed she is covering herself with a scarf. He stood up from his seat and stared at her feeling numb. She looked at him, his heart sunk when he saw her eyes. They were swollen and red. He hurried towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder concerned

'Miara' he said softly

She broke down crying and hugged him sobbing in his arms. He wrapped his arms protectively around her, 'What happened? Did your husband misbehave with you?' he questioned, she shook her head. He separated their frame. He took her hand and lead her to a chair making her sit.

She looked like she is in a pathetic state and this stabbed his heart. He handed a glass of water and kneeled beside her.

He took her hand in his looking at her, her scarf getting misplaced. He frowned on noticing bruise marks on her face, this angered him.

'What happened, Miara...who did this to you too...?' he asked angrily, his grasp on her palms tightening.

She looked at him, 'Fawaz...'she said, her voice meek. Fawaz felt his anger dying down when he heard her voice saying his name.

'I...I...didn't get married' she confessed and bent down resting her forehead on their hands she cried

He looked at her as she said, 'my parents were furious when they found out I am still in love with you...I broke my alliance because I knew you will come for me, but you were taking too long...'she sniffed in between and Fawaz felt guilty. He should have been there for her, he thought she was getting married and not once bothered to check on her, how terrible she must have been feeling getting married to a man she doesn't love.

'I am sorry.' he said sincerely, his eyes filled with tears as he looked at her, he hugged her making her rest her head on his chest and chanting his apologies. But deep down he knew no matter how much he apologized but the trauma she has gone through will not get healed. He caressed her hair, she begins to cry in his arms. Fawaz can't believe a parent treating their child so badly. He felt terrible for her, guilty for her condition.

'Miara...please don't cry...I can't see you like this...I am sorry' he said, tears rolling down his cheeks. from his eyes. Her sobbed grew slightly loud and he hugged her more tightly.

Miara grabbed the back of his Shirt and continued to sob inconsolably. 

*****************************

So, guys what are your views on the twist