CHAPTER 14- FAWAZ HAS A PLAN

Fawaz gulped adjusting his shirt collar, suddenly he is feeling extremely uneasy. She looked at him intently, Fawaz felt trapped. He is desperate for this promotion and he had been working hard for this, but for some reason playing with Maha's emotions just for this promotion didn't seem right for him. It is not only about hurting Maha it is also the fact that he isn't ready for marriage and the responsibility that follows. He didn't want to be distracted from his work for now.

'Mr. Ashok Raghavendra is also very deserving of the post, though he is your junior but he doesn't take so much time in decision making' Tasneem said calmly, her gaze on the paperweight that she had clenched tightly. Fawaz looked at her shocked. No, Fawaz can't let that happen, he can't let someone else take the post he worked so hard for.

Getting no response from Fawaz, Tasneem shook her head and leaned forward resting her hand on her landline phone.

Fawaz stood up 'Okay Maam, I will marry Maha' he said closing his eyes. Tasneem smirked

'Good, you are sensible' she said, she then gestured him to sit. Fawaz clenched his fingers tightly under the table.

'We can't have you promoted instantly, few weeks after the marriage you will be promoted' she said, Fawaz is looking down feeling very guilty and annoyed. This isn't right, this is unfair to him as well as Maha.

Tasneem placed her hand over his, 'Fawaz, don't be guilty. At times to move forward professionally we must take some immoral steps' she assured him, but for some reason, her words just made the matter worse for him.

Fawaz entered back into his cabin, he has taken few days' time from Tasneem to convince Maha for marriage. He felt like he is cheating her, he doesn't love her but he will have to pretend he does. He loosened his tie leaning back in his chair, she has become his close friend and the thought of hurting her itself is making him feel terrible.

"What she doesn't know, won't hurt her," a small voice said from behind his head again. Fawaz closed his eyes, he could see her beautiful Bambi hazel eyes staring lovingly at him. It pained him to see tears in them, he convinced himself saying she is his close friend and so he is concerned.

*****************************

That night he sneaked into Maha's bungalow, he climbed to her room and knocked on her window. After he knocked few times Maha opened the window, she is surprised to see him here. He smiled awkwardly at her. She grabbed his arms helping him climb in.

'What are doing here? Is everything all right?' she asked concerned, Fawaz held her hand in his surprising her more.

'Something strange is happening to me, Maha' Fawaz said sounding confused, she blinked at him concerned, she looked innocent. The look making him guiltier.

'What happened? Say something. Don't scare me' she said, Fawaz looked away feeling guilty. He could feel her eyes staring at his back. He sighed turning around

'I don't know what this is? I never felt this way before... from past few days I am having a strange dream over and over' he said trying to make it sound as genuine as possible.

Maha placed her hand over his, 'What is it?' she asked caressing his hand trying to calm him.

'I am dreaming that we are getting married' he said in one breath. Maha quickly retracted her hand from his grip. Fawaz looked at her worried, how will she react? Will his plan fail before it even starts?

She took a step back.

'I am sorry, but I had to share this with you. Night time I dream about us and mornings I think about you, evenings I want to spend with you...Maha, whenever you are around me my heart starts thumping, my stomach performs somersaults...my skin erupts with Goosebumps...I think...(he shook his head) I know...I am sure.....I love you' he confessed, he tried keeping his voice steady the whole time, nothing should make her suspicious otherwise everything will go to waste, she won't even want to see his face again.