CHAPTER 41- CONFRONTING HER

He took her to the backyard away from people and noise, she silently followed him. Once alone, Fawaz turned around to look at her. She is expecting him to say something but he seemed to have lost his voice. He is seeing her after five years, he missed her so much. Her sharp features, her pulp lips, small cute nose and the best her bambi eyes. The dim light from the moon and street light enhancing her beauty.

Over the five years, Maha hasn't aged much, in fact she has become more beautiful. Fawaz couldn't avert his gaze from her. He kept admiring her lovingly.

Suddenly he felt a strong urge to touch her, caress her face gently, kiss her forehead and those inviting pulp lips.

'What?' she said sounding impatient and annoyed

Fawaz kept staring at her, lost in her beauty. She looked around impatiently but then once her gaze met his, she too found herself lost.

With their gaze getting locked once again sends a familiar spark passing through them, Fawaz felt himself getting drowned into her eyes. He is dazed with her beauty, after so many years he is looking at her. Nothing has changed physically, but then there is a void, a distance between them. Fawaz desperately wanted to fill the void.

He moved his hand placing his palms on her arms, he felt her tremble little. He kept gazing into her eyes unable to move his gaze. He is more than happy to have her with him, she closed her eyes and Fawaz gets more chance to stare at her.

'I am sorry.' He whispered.

She opened her eyes looking at him

'Please forgive me and come back to me' he said softly looking intently into her eyes. She frowned

'What are you talking about? I don't even know your name?' she said sounding genuinely confused.

This irritated and frustrated him, how can someone act this good?

'Maha, I am...'

'I am not Maha, how many times do I have to tell you this? I am Kiah, Kiah Zubair, daughter of Dr. Zubair... I am a simple fashion designer here...please stop harassing me' she said annoyed. Fawaz is shocked, Harass? He is harassing her? but he is her husband. She pushed him and is about to leave when Fawaz stepped in front of her blocking her way once again.

Kiah rolled her eyes and looked at him, no matter how many times she says she is Kiah and not Maha, Fawaz is not going to believe her, he knows she is his wife, his Maha.

'I am harassing you?' he asked with his eyebrows raised, she nodded folding her arms across her chest

'I am your husband Yaar, have you forgotten?' Fawaz said agitatedly. The moment he said this he noticed the color drain from her face.

She blinked at him

'You are my husband?' she repeated after remaining silent for a while, Fawaz nodded looking at her concerned because her expressions weren't good, she seemed to be in a deep thought some sort of recollection. She then looked at him and frowned.

'I don't remember you and I am glad I don't' she said pushing past him, he sighed and followed her

'Please stop this.' he pleaded her, Kiah turned and slapped him tightly. Fawaz held his cheek and sighed, this was expected. He looked at her still unaffected by the slap. She gave him a disgusted look and walked away.

Fawaz watched her leave, she turned once before disappearing back into the house for the function.

 *******************************

The function soon ended and everyone began to leave, Fawaz had been pacing near the gate. He saw Kiah coming along with the two little boys, the boys seem to be arguing about something. Fawaz doesn't know who these kids were and what were they doing with her but they seem very friendly with her. Fawaz combed his hair with his fingers and approached her.

Kiah stopped in her tracks as she saw him at the gate, the boys too stopped what they were doing and looked at her and then stared at the man in front of them.

'Maha...' Fawaz said and Kiah rolled her eyes.

She took a step towards him and looked straight into his eyes, 'You say you are my husband, right?' she said calmly

Fawaz nodded 'Of course' he said confidently

'I don't remember you, but you seem to remember me well...then you must be knowing them as well.' she said. She held the hands of the kids and made them stand in between them.

Fawaz looked at the kids. Looking at them for few seconds he frowned, he doesn't recognize them.

'No, I don't know them' he confessed honestly.

Kiah smiled victoriously she held the hands of the kids tightly, 'you claim to be my husband yet you don't recognize my, oh sorry, our kids' she said sarcastically.

Fawaz felt like the earth beneath his feet has been snatched away, these little boys are hers...their kids. He looked at them stunned, he never paid much attention to them but now on closer look, he noticed they look familiar. Both were identical and some of their features did resemble him. Fawaz's mouth dropped open, these are his kids. He recollected the time he and Maha had spent before he was to marry Miara, she must have conceived then.

Fawaz was comprehending everything as Kiah walked away with the kids. A small smile appeared on his lips; he is a father that too of twins. Fawaz can't believe this. He is very happy. Suddenly his sad life got transformed into heaven. He has twin boys, he is a father. Fawaz wanted to dance and announce to the whole world about this.