CHAPTER 47- WITH FAMILY

Fawaz changed into Zubair's Kurtha, it was little oversized but very comfortable. Kiah came to the room where is he going to say for the night, it is Zubair's room.

'Make yourself comfortable, by way Dad isn't going to come for two-three days...so don't worry' she smirked making Fawaz feel little uncomfortable, he saw a glimpse of old Maha in that smirk.

She sat beside him, 'you seem really disturbed?' she asked concerned, then she added, 'sorry for asking, but is it because of your wife. Was she calling you?' she asked

Fawaz looked at her with sad eyes, 'I lost my wife...'

She gasped, 'Don't worry, she is still alive...just not with me' he said lowering his head in shame avoiding her eyes.

Kiah placed her hand on his shoulder, 'You sleep for now' she said softly, Fawaz nodded his head and obediently lay down.

Kiah covered him with a duvet

'Good night' she said tugging few strands of hair behind her ear.

'Good night' he replied ignoring the intense feeling building up inside him on looking at her innocent face, this action of hers always attracted him.

She switched off the light and left closing the door leaving it a little ajar.

*********************

Later that night Fawaz slipped out of his bed, he sneaked into his kids's room first. It is a small room with a double decker bed, both the boys are sleeping peacefully wrapped up in a superhero duvet. There are many toys lying around, some planes, trains, cars also many superhero posters. He smiled walking in. He kneeled beside their bed, he looked at both the boys lovingly and placed a gentle kiss on their foreheads and back of their palms.

'Daddy loves you both and Daddy is sorry' he said, his voice cracking, he blinked back his tears that were threatening to fall.

He spent some time looking at his kids trying to absorb as much as of the fact about him being their father.

He then sneaked into Maha's room, as he approached her room he could feel his heart beat accelerate. Thankfully the door was open, he tiptoed towards her bed.

He kneeled beside her bed, on looking at her sleeping figure Fawaz could feel his eyes well up with tears. He admired her for few minutes, before gently pecking her forehead. He noticed her smile, he smiled as well. He took her hand in his and kissed the back of her palm.

'I am sorry' he whispered. He sighed and gently caressed her hand.

'I have wronged you in many ways, and I know I don't deserve a second chance but...but...I want one, I know I am being selfish...but...I...can't...help it...I love you so much.' he confessed. Fawaz found it difficult to speak as he felt a lump in this throat. Tears streaming down his cheek.

He wants her to forgive him, and come back to him but then looking at her smile and sleep peacefully is giving him second thoughts. He kissed her palm again, he gently placed her hand on the bed. He stood up to leave when he noticed a bottle of sleeping pills on the bedside table. He doesn't like that she is using pills again, he picked up the bottle and read its content, it is mild dose compare to ones she used to take earlier. He placed it back when she was with him, she used to just cuddle and say, "with you around I don't need any sleeping pills...you are my sleeping pill" she would wink at him, snuggle closer and minutes later he would hear her snore lightly

Reminiscing the past, he felt very emotional.

********************

Fawaz heard chuckles and opened his eyes. Still lying on his back, he looked around and saw both of his cute boys looking at him, they are covering their mouth trying to suppress their chuckles. He smiled groggily and sat up

'What is so funny?' he asked the kids

They beamed widely, 'You sleep funny' one of them said making Fawaz smile.

'Really, and you both sleep like beauty queens' Fawaz teased them, he grabbed the kid who spoke taking him in his arms

'Naah...' the kid said in disgust as Fawaz ruffled his hair, the second one also jumped on Fawaz

'Leave my brother' he said playfully, while the other struggled in Fawaz's arms.

'Try to free him' Fawaz challenged

'I will do it myself, I am elder' Majid said confidently. Fawaz assumed this kid to be Majid as he had said this before.

The kids continue to struggle, Fawaz seemed in no mood to let go. Faheem; the free one had managed to climb over Fawaz and is punching him, his soft hands doing little to him. Majid is trying to pull Fawaz's arms apart. The room is filled with chuckles and giggles.

'Boys, leave the poor uncle alone'

Everyone froze as they heard a stern female voice, they looked ahead. Kiah stood at the door holding a tray with two mugs. Faheem who is on Fawaz fell while Majid finally escaped from Fawaz's hold.

'Mummy, we are not troubling him' Faheem pouted, Kiah looked at them sternly and they lowered their heads.

'Kiah, they weren't troubling. I love them' Fawaz explained but Kiah's one stern look silences him as well.

'Go and play inside your rooms' Kiah said, she then turned to Fawaz, 'you freshen up I have gotten bed tea for you' she said. Fawaz like an obedient kid nodded his head and climbed down his bed. Kiah placed the tray on the bedside table and left the room with the kids walking ahead of her.

************************

Fifteen minutes later, Fawaz stepped out after taking a hot refreshing shower, hot shower in a cold chilly morning is bliss. He is dressed in the same clothes he had worn yesterday. He noticed Kiah sitting at the edge of the bed working on her mobile.

'Hey' he said smiling at her, she looked up and smiled as well. She placed her phone on the bed and forwarded him a cup.

'Behrad is going to come' she said casually and something about this made Fawaz feel upset. He just smiled sadly. She was chatting with Behrad when he was inside the bathroom, something about it made Fawaz feel bad. Kiah seems to notice his expressions.

'You will like him once you get to know him.' she said as Fawaz took a sip of his tea, she looked at him.

They sat there silently having their tea, the silence between them very comfortable and soothing. Once accidentally Fawaz's hand brushed against hers sending a shiver down his spine. He removed his hand but then it was followed by their eye lock.