CHAPTER 8- MEETING AT CAFE COFFEE DAY

Fawaz returned to the Walima, he is dazed with what happened between him and Maha. That girl is seriously something, she bold, confident and addictive. Fawaz could still feel his lips burning from the kiss, he recollected her milky white back, her smooth skin, her bambi eyes. Fawaz tried to distract himself, he looked around searching for his father.

He noticed him standing next to the food stall with his plate full of food, he is hungrily munching on his food oblivious to his surroundings.

Fawaz took a deep breath and walked up to his father, whoever looks at this man will never be able to say he belongs to the family of Nawabs.

He walked up to his father, Naveen turned to look at him 'Arey son, where were you? I had been looking for you' he said with a mouth full of food.

As his father mentioned "where were you" Fawaz got flashes of his wild encounter with Maha, Fawaz shook his head to throw away the memories.

'I was with Zeeshan' Fawaz lied, his father looked at him suspiciously but then once again turned his concentrate on the food. Fawaz too grabbed a plate feeling hungry seeing all the mouth-watering dishes.

Around 1 am the function got over and the guests began to leave, Fawaz who had been with his friends and Zeeshan also decides to leave. Anyway, with all the conversation of Sughraat and Honeymoon going on Fawaz felt uncomfortable mainly because it kept reminding him of Maha and their wild passionate kiss.

Fawaz and his father met the ladies, Begum Tasneem and Maha, in front of the gate exactly from where they had parted. Fawaz's gaze met Maha's and she winked at him making his heart to flutter but he quickly looked away.

'It was so nice talking with you, Tasneem' Begum said and Tasneem nodded in agreement. The ladies hug each other and Tasneem looked at Fawaz 'See you at work tomorrow' she said. Fawaz nodded.

'Bye Fawaz' Maha said, Fawaz, looked at her and nodded unable to find his voice in front of her. Begum eyed him with a smile.

***************************

That night Fawaz couldn't sleep, his encounter with Maha replaying in his head. He leaped out of his bed and rushed to the washroom. He washed his face, his fingers pausing at his lips. He wanted to feel her soft lips again. Damn! He shouldn't be thinking like this, the only time he should think about her is when he is looking for a groom for her.

Fawaz sat on his bed, after a while he felt his phone vibrate, who could this be so late at night.

There is a message from an unknown number

I am missing you ;) it read

Fawaz frowned

Who is this? He replied

Wow, you are even faster than me ;) I don't forget the boys I date so soon came the instant reply

This message made his eyes wide with shock, could it be? It must be, Maha

Maha?

He stared at his phone screen waiting for reply but this time the reply took a few minutes longer than the last one

You should work on your memory. Bdw aren't you missing me?

"I am missing you so much, I am dying to take you in my arms and kiss you senseless again" is what Fawaz wanted to reply

I was asleep, your message woke me up he replied instead

There is a pause, Fawaz scratched his head, this sounded rude but he didn't want to look desperate in front of her. But then he felt disappointed as he feared she must have been offended.

He kept his phone on the bedside table and leaned against the bed rest pulling the duvet over himself. Just then his phone beeped, excited he opened his inbox. But then he frowned, it's a text from the mobile phone company. He rolled his eyes and is about to keep the phone back when it beeped again

The message is from Maha and as Fawaz read it his eyes almost pop out.

Having wet dreams about me? You must be super mad at me for disturbing you

Fawaz gasped

Are you drunk? I wasn't having any such dream Fawaz replied honestly

He then glanced up at the clock, its 3 am. Is she really drunk? Or is she really missing him? The thought made Fawaz very restless and he kept glancing at his phone.

His phone beeped and he picked it up quickly

Too bad...I guess you are not interested. Okay then, never contact me again

Fawaz's jaw dropped, what? "Never contact me again". Why is he bothered if she doesn't want to keep contact with him? But then he convinced himself saying he needed to win her trust and be around her if he wants her to get married

Honestly, I was thinking of you and so couldn't sleep he wrote frowning.

He then patiently waited for a reply which eventually doesn't come

***********************

Next morning Fawaz woke up, he is lying on his bed diagonally with his cell phone placed on his stomach. He sat up rubbing his eyes, he yawned and stretched. He grabbed his towel and went to freshen up, it's time for his morning jog and then off to work.

After he returned from his routine jog he finally checked his phone and is stunned to find a message from Maha

Meet me at Café coffee day next to your bank around 4.30 sharp

The message sounded rude, but now at least he has a chance to talk to her. He is eagerly waiting for her to get married then he will never ever see her face again and will also get the promotion at last.

Fawaz took extra effort to get ready that day, not for work but for the meeting. This meeting with Maha is crucial, he must befriend her. At least take the first step.

He dressed in a mint green shirt, a blazer and jeans. He gelled his hair and applied a generous amount of his favorite cologne. This is the first time he is going to work in semi-formal wear. He needed to impress her, a small voice in his head whispered to him "hope you get some action today" Fawaz smirked.