Chapter 9

Gravity Falls 7:30 AM

Mystery Shack Living Room

'Ugh, what hit me,' Wendy thought as she suddenly woke up. She quickly realized she wasn't at home in her bed. "Ok, what's going on here?" she asked no one in particular. Looking around she figured she was at the Shack, 'How'd I get back here, the last I remember I had just told Tambry I needed to walk home to burn off some built up energy. And now I'm in the living room of the Shack. What the hell happened?'

She got up, went into the kitchen, and grabbed a bowl of cereal thinking it might help her clear her head. 'Ok I remember I really didn't want to ride home with Tambry because of someone in the car. Uhm, was it Robbie? No, no we're cool now. And he wasn't even at the meeting. No, it was lil miss perfect, Pacifica. That's right. I still don't trust her, I know the twins have started to but I still don't. Not completely sure why, I'm vaguely remembering something about her families yearly party.' she's rubbing her temples trying to work it all out. For some reason she's actually having trouble remembering a few more things than just what happened last night.

After she finished the bowl of cereal she washed and dried the dishes she used. As she headed back into the living room, her hand absent mindedly brushed her phone, 'Shoot, I'd better check it out.' she thought as she pulled it out of her pocket before she sat back down in the chair she apparently slept in last night. 'Sheesh, 30 texts and nearly that many missed calls. It looks like Dipper and Dad kept trying to reach me. What the hell was I doing?' She looked at the texts; 3 from Lee, 2 from Robbie, 2 from Nate, 3 from Thompson, 8 from Tambry, 4 from Mabel, 2 from Grenda, 3 from Candy, 2 from Soos, and 1 from Pacifica. 'The last one was surprising to say the least. Most seemed to be of the 'Where are you?' and 'Are you ok?' style. They were all worried about me? What was I doing last night?'

After she finished reading the messages, she started listening to the voice-mail mails: "Wendy, did you make it home ok?" - Dipper, "Wendy, where are you? I know you had a late meeting at work but you should've been home by now?" - Dad, "Wendy where are you? Just talked to your dad after

you haven't been picking up. Did I do something wrong? Are you ok?" - Dipper, "Wendy, your little man called looking for you, where are you at girl?" - dad, "Wen-wen, where are you? Dipster is freaking out. He thinks you're mad at him still. I've told him he's paranoid, please don't make me a liar. We're all worried about you." - Mabel, "Dood, where are you. It's been two hours since you left. Everyone is looking for you, heck McGuket ia talking about building a search and rescue contraption to head out to find you." - Soos, "Honey if we haven't heard from you soon your brothers and I are going out to search for you." - dad, "Wendy, don't do this to me. I can't have you be petri*sob*, petrified. I haven't been able to get up there to *deep sigh into a sob* talk to you yet? Be safe please." - Dipper, and more like these. 'What the hell happened last night? Why am I having so much trouble remembering?'

"You decent in here, dood?" Soos asked from out in the hall.

"Yeah man. Confused but decent." Wendy replied to her boss. "What's going on?"

"Oh, I was gonna ask you that, dawg" Soos said as he rounded the corner to enter the room. "You left last night's meeting with everyone else and then you just dropped off of the face of the earth."

"What?" Wendy shot him a quizzical look.

"Yeah, you were gone for almost four hours, near the end of that time Dipper was almost ready to run all the way up here to look for you, dood. If he could have made it, from what Mabel told me he was so bad, he made you from the day your dad found Francis seem stoic."

Wendy blushed remembering how much it hurt her thinking she had lost him forever and realizing he must have been thinking the same thing last night. It explained the messages, "What happened? If I was gone that long I guess dad must have come & found me..." She shook her head as soon as she had said that, "No, I'd have been at home if he had found me. Why am I here?"