Chapter 39

Portland, Oregon

After leaving the terminal, Stan and Adam Pines were walking through the parking lot heading to the Stanmobile.

"So kid, how ya holding up?", Stan said as they got to the El Diablo.

"I don't know Uncle Stan," Adam said as he went to open the passenger door, "I guess I'm still somewhat numb. I mean in the last four days I've found out that my formerly shy introverted son is dating a fifteen year old girl, that magic is real, that I was pulling a sleeping beauty for a couple of days, that my son is a shape shifter and my daughter is a witch, that their friends are super heroes, that my daughter is dating an heiress, and had my wife die in a suspicious manner. Really I have no idea exactly how to feel. I know I should be worried for the kids and I should should be upset for Elaine, but right now the grief has me numb."

"Well kiddo, I'd be worried if you weren't at least confused if not outright upset. If anything you need to grieve as much as anybody I know, but you need to be there for the kids cause I know they'll be there for you.", Stan said after getting in and starting up the car, "Those kids have stared into the abyss and came out stronger because of it."

"You mean figuratively right?", Adam said looking over at Stan, "Right?"

Gravity Falls

Mystery Shack

Coming down the driveway was a caravan of a truck and two golf carts. In the truck was Lee, Tambry and Tony. The first cart held Wendy, Dipper, and Grenda. And in the final cart was Nate, Candy, and Francis.

"Ok, I can understand you getting mad. But seriously dude rushing out like that, it's not cool man. You had all of us worried that you were gonna kill him," Lee was saying as they pulled into the parking lot.

"I know, it was a stupid thing to do," Tony replied feeling drained as the adrenaline rush he had been running on wore off. He sat there with his head hanging down.

"Hey, don't go beating yourself up over it Tony.", Tambry said looking down at her phone trying to figure out the where the squire icon had came from, heck the texts it had sent weren't even stored in her phone. Without thinking she added, "I thought it was kind of sweet."

"Thanks," Tony said looking over at her.

Realizing what she had just said out loud she added, "Not that I'd want you to ever do it again."

"Okay," Tony replied with a small smile.

"Alright you two, we're here.", Lee said with a smirk.

Meanwhile

"Well that was fun," Dipper said.

"Man, I never knew you had so much anger in you Dipper.", Grenda said looking over the shoulders of the two in the front seat.

"He doesn't," Wendy said not taking her eyes off the road but holding his hand tightly.

"But Tony is a clone of Dipper, so wouldn't...", Grenda started.

"Not necessarily, he may have been at the beginning but since he and Francis went out on their own they grew to be their own people. It's almost as if Tony has most of the anger that should have been split between the two of them while Francis seems to have more of my old shyness," Dipper explained.

"Not from what I've heard," Grenda said with a sly wink.

"What do you mean by that?", Wendy asked interested in the gossip she was about to hear.