Chapter 45

Bunker

Ford was walking around both inspecting the placement of the new bedrooms but also looking for the Clondike twins. He had just received a notice on his phone that their blood work was finished and he wanted to share the information with them. He knocked at each of the new bedrooms and when he didn't get an answer he opened them to see if they were there. When he got to the final two rooms he knock and Francis answered.

"Where's your brother," Ford asked when Francis came into view.

"Across the hall. What's up?", Francis asked.

"I'll tell you once we get your brother," Ford replied as he walked over to the other door and knocked.

The door opened and Tony said while still looking the other way, "Com'on Francis, wait a bit. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm putting the weight bag."

Ford replied, "It'd probably be best in this front corner."

"Good idea Francis, that's where I was thinking of putting it.", Tony said before he realized it wasn't Francis speaking. He turned quickly and added, "Aw man, I'm sorry Ford. I didn't mean to mistake you for Francis."

"It's no problem, I need the two of you to come with to my lab. The results are back on your blood tests.", Ford said as he started to head towards the tunnel that leads to the bottomless pit. About forty-five feet from the end of the tunnel Ford put his hand on the wall and it slid back to reveal another tunnel. They headed down this tunnel and when they stepped out they were in Ford's laboratory.

"Whoa, how long has that tunnel been here?", Tony asked Ford as the door they came through sealed shut seamlessly.

"Around thirty-two years give or take a year, but that's not important.", Ford said as he walked over to the print out of the DNA results, "What's important is these results. I've ran the test multiple times and well, you two may have started out as clones of Dipper but you DNA says different. You two share more of a familial match with Stan and I than with the twins or Adam. There is no trace of the Wallace DNA traits at all."

"Wait, what?", Tony said disbelievingly.

"Let me see that," Francis asked taking the print out from Ford.

"The way it reads, you two could literally be my grandsons.", Ford said, "I have no idea how this could have happened though."

"Ok, ok. So biologically we really could be your grandsons?", Tony asked still trying to wrap his mind around the information.

"That's what these test results say," Francis said handing over the papers to Tony.

Taking on look at the paperwork Tony handed it back and said, "Whoa, there. Yeah, I may be smart but really I don't get this scientific stuff. I'll leave it to you two, Candy, Fiddleford, and Dipper. Math and architecture's more my thing."

"Architecture? Since when?", Francis asked as this was the first he's heard of it.

"Well really since we've been helping out with the Bunker. I've been reading some in my spare time on ways we could help improve and stabilize the tunnels, it's really caught my interest.", Tony said slyly, "It doesn't hurt studying the way the structures are built and other aspects of the designs can help me with my Parkour."

"Of course," Francis said looking over at his twin.

Valentino's Mortuary

Stan, Adam, and Greg Valentino were sitting at a table in one of the off rooms having discussed what her life insurance covered and working out arrangements for the funeral on Sunday.