Chapter 38

Mystery Shack

Living room

Nate and Lee were sitting on the couch, while Tambry was on the floor in front of them with the laptop on the coffee table. The screen was split with the bank's security feed running on one side while Tambry was running a facial recognition program on the other half. So far she had identified the two brothers as members of a small-time gang out of Portland that had suddenly started making major power plays near the beginning of September. Following a hunch she was running the rest of the group through files from that gang to see if they were members also.

"Man, where did that little doll come from? She nearly took Funtimes head off," Nate said as he petted the cat that had hopped in his lap while he watched the feed.

"Wait, what's Mabs doing? She just made a little man out of the air," Lee commented. Then seeing the figure tackle the little doll woman he said, "Ooh, that's gotta hurt."

"Uh oh, Wendy's got a hold of the blond who was checking out Dipper. I feel sorry for her," Tambry said as the movement had caught her attention, "What the hell, those pens just flew into her back. Ouch. Ok, Wendy, I think I would've used the other side of the ax after that."

"What's going on in here?", Tony asked as he walked into the living room.

"We're watching video from the bank robbery," Lee said, "Pop a squat, it's almost better than LVPD."

"Did Dipper just turn into Rumble McSkirmish? He's doing the victory pose. Man, I'm related to that dork.", Tony said the last bit as face palmed.

Twins's Room

Inside the room there is a golden glow that dies out as Glamur, Shifter, and Charger appear in the room.

"Xolgsrmt'h Mlinzoxb!", Glamur intoned before her costume dissolved into her sweater and skirt from before. Dipper shifted back to normal.

"Guys, I can use some help here.", Pacifica said still stuck inside the Charger armor. She had hit he release button but the suit was having trouble opening.

Dipper shifted to a taller size and was able to slowly open up the armor. After he had gotten her free, Mabel hugged Pacifica.

"We need to see what's going on and check the news to see what's still going on down out there," Dipper said as he headed out of the door.

"We'll be there in a moment bro," Mabel said as she continued to hold Pacifica, "You ok?"

"Yeah, it just got a little cramped in there for a moment.", Pacifica said, "Gonna need to tell Fiddleford to put an emergency release or something in case it ever freezes up like that again. As it is the suit's gonna need, like, a compressor or something ran over the joints to get all of the sand out of it."

"So we now know to not take the Charger suit with us to the beach when we go," Mabel said with a smirk.

"Yep, no building sandcastles with it.", Pacifica joked back. She then hit the button on the key fob sending it back to it's charging unit

Kitchen

Dipper walks in to see Grenda chowing down on a ham sandwich, while Francis and Candy seem to be sneaking glances at each other when it seems like no one is looking. They both have sandwiches in front of them with only a couple of bites taken from them. Melody was at the stove cooking up a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches probably for her and Soos. He didn't see Tony or Ford. 'They're probably down in the bunker or Ford's lab,' he thought.