Chapter 19

Gravity Falls Friday November 16th, 2012 9:30 AM

Open Arms Motel

"Welcome to the Open Arms Motel, best stay Gravity Falls has to offer, my name is Sam how can I help you today?", the gentleman behind the counter says as he greets his customers. He's in the yellow t-shirt with the American flag on it.

"I will be requiring two singles for my grandson and I, for at least a week if not longer." the regal looking woman said as was checking the area out.

"Grandson, ma'am? Why you don't look old enough to have a child, let alone a grandchild." Sam said as he tried to butter up the customer. He's always believed if you keep the customers happy you've done a good job, plus some innocent flattery can led to good tips.

"I'm not here for your bumbling attempts at flattery, Sam. I just need the rooms." Turning the woman appears to be in her mid- to late fifties, she pulls her hand up and taps a finger on her chin, "Hmm. Sam, Sam. Your last name isn't Tilley, is it?"

"Yes ma'am, how'd you know that?" Sam said as he stopped typing the room rental into his computer.

"Well, I used to live in Gravity Falls for awhile a couple of decades ago and I remembered Jeremy Tilley had a brown haired son named Sam. Putting 2 & 2 together, I thought I'd ask. How is old Jeremy?" She asked as she turned around.

"Well dad has been dead for a couple of years now." Sam responded as a bit of memory pf his father came to mind.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss." the lady placing a calming hand on his shoulder

"Thank you.", Sam said as he turned back to the computer, "I'll need your information and a credit card."

She hands over the credit card and a California driver's license.

"Alright, Mrs. Ruperts. You have room 211 & 212. They're up the stairs and down the hall on your left." Sam said as he gave her two keys and then sat back down. "Have a good stay."

Mrs Rupertss headed out of the office and back to the black car where her grandson waited, "Alright James, grab our bags. We're upstairs."

James, a shaggy haired blond haired kid who at 4'10" stood nearly a foot shorter than his grandmother, grabbed a backpack, two duffel bags, and a rolling suitcase. He then followed her up the stairs

Once they got upstairs he turned to her and said, "Well 'grandmother', is it in his family or not?"

"No James, our search continues." Mrs. Ruperts said as she opened up one of the duffel bags and pulled out a brown leather bound mystical tome.

Piedmont, California 11:25 AM

Nancy Reagan Middle School

"Now remember students. The building will be closed for the whole Thanksgiving Vacation, so please take home all perishables from your lockers. and I hope everyone has a pleasant vacation." the vice principal is saying over the intercom.

"So, Mabel. What is your family doing for Thanksgiving?" one of Mabel's classmates asked as everyone, including Miss Maisey watched the clock count down.

"We're going up to Oregon to visit my Grunkles." Mabel said as it felt like the clock was going so slow it was going backwards. "It'll be the first time the whole family has been together since grandpa Shermie passed away."

Two other girls behind Mabel starting talking about their vacation plans and finally the bell went off. Mabel had her bag and was one of the first ones out of class. She beat Dipper to their lockers by almost a minute. She grabbed the 'Venkman's Guide' out of her locker and as she did a necklace fell off of the top of it. She caught it before it hit the ground. It was a Shooting Star attached to a silver-esque chain. But there was something different about the star, it wasn't your normal five point star. She then saw the note laying on the book.