Chapter 10

Gravity Falls 12:15 PM

Out behind Greasey's Diner

Grenda had pacing back and forth Since Candy's dad had dropped her off and is starting to wonder where Tony was, "Com'on Tony, you need to get your Dipper looking self here so we can get to the Shack." she said to no one in particular.

"How often do you do that?" she heard someone who sounds a little bit like Dipper say behind her. She turned and saw Tony walking out from the woods behind the diner. "Talking to yourself is one of the early signs of possible mental illness." he added as he walked up to her.

"If you're done having your one sided conversation I suggest we see if Soos is here take us to the Shack." He said sounding even more gruff than she could muster.

"What is wrong with you?", Grenda asked as she put her hand on his shoulder. She really wasn't liking the attitude he seems to have picked up since this morning.

"I dunno, maybe the fact that I had been holding on to the hope that my brother was still alive only to have it ripped out of me. Maybe the fact I'm about to head to a place that 9 others just like me were destroyed, just so I can go see that my brother is now just another item on display so that money grubbing Stan can get richer. Maybe it's just knowing I can't even cry to mourn my brother with risking destroying myself." He says bitterly as he points to the scar that leads away from his left tear duct and down his left cheek. With that he pulls himself out of her grip and turns to walk away.

'Man he may look like Dipper but with that attitude I'm not sure how long I'm gonna be able to put up with him.' Grenda thought as she followed him to Soos's waiting truck.

Mystery Shack

Former wax museum room

"Ok, let's see. 3 backpacks, couple granola bars in each, some chloroform, water bottle in each, note pads, butterfly net, glass jar with holes in lid, copy of the incantation, hmm can't think of anything else..." Wendy said as she was mentally checking off a list of stuff for the trip to the see the Unicorns.

"So where do these Aloe plants fit into the equation?", Wendy hears from behind her, she turns to see Pacifica standing in the door way with 4 bags probably containing the aforementioned plants.

"Ah, hi Pacifica. Those are actually for the Clones, not the Unicorn mission." Wendy responded somewhat curtly.

"Oh I know, I was just trying to break ground on starting a conversation. You know, give us something to talk about." Pacifica said as she set the plants on the table under the window to help keep them growing. "Besides being in the twins circle of friends we really don't have much in common, so I was trying to, I dunno, keep us from sitting here in silence till Grenda gets here." By having her back to Wendy she really couldn't tell that Wendy didn't seem to look like she really even wanted to be in the same room as her let alone talk to her.

"Well what makes you think I even want to talk to you, after the way you treated my friends all summer?", Wendy said as Pacifica turned around. "You spent most of the summer trying to make Mabel's life terrible even though all she wanted was to be your friend, though I really don't know why. Probably just because she's a decent person and tries to see the good in everyone."

"Look I was just trying to keep my... my," Pacifica started before she quickly stuttered out, then she quickly turned her own venom towards Wendy, "At least I didn't spend most of the summer knowing Dipper had a thing for me only to lead him on and then break his heart heart by telling him he was too young for me."

"Why you little rich b...", Wendy started before she was stopped by the thought of what her young friends would think, "Look I never led him on, I actually tried to keep it friendly. He's one of my best friends and even I know I'm bad news relationship-wise, I didn't want to hurt him. Unlike a certain someone who antagonized him till she needed him to do something for her. Someone who didn't act and let everyone including him get turned to wood by a ghost because she was afraid of a little bell her father had. Then once you actually get the guts to do the right thing, you then get your father to have a photo of you dancing with Dipper put in the paper like you two were the second coming of Romeo & Juliet."