Chapter 42

Piedmont, CA Friday November 23rd, 2012 5:35 AM

OSW Training Gym

The building is surrounded by two Fire Department battalions with three of the trucks spraying down the buildings next to the gym to make sure they did not catch fire also. Several members of the wrestling company had arrived after one of the guys caught the news report after he got off his shift as a security officer. He called Antonio and between the two of them they reached out to others to make sure no one had been training late last night.

Antonio tried again to reach William but was interrupted by a police detective as she walked up and began talking, "Excuse me sir, I'm Detective Niobe. I need to speak with you for a moment. I was directed to you by some of the others watching, they say you're the man in charge of the company in the building."

"Yes ma'am, the names Antonio English." Antonio said as he offered his hand, which "I'm currently in charge. The owner is out of state spending Thanksgiving with his godchildren."

"I have some questions for you," Detective Niobe said as she shook his hand, "If you would be so kind as to follow me."

"Sure thing ma'am," Antonio said watching as she walked away.

Gravity Falls 9:21 AM

Mystery Shack

Twins room

Dipper recently had been the first one up, if he even had went to bed but today he had actually slept in and more surprising was the fact that his sister had let him. The peaceful and relaxing previous day had calmed him down enough he had slept soundly for the first time since the fight in Piedmont. As he rolled over he looked at his sister's bed and saw that either she had already made it or more likely she hadn't slept in it. He didn't remember seeing her in the room when he got home. He felt a sudden shift of pressure at the foot of the bed and looked down to see Valerie coming up the covers looking to be petted if he wasn't mistaken.

"So how are you this morning?", he asked as he reached out and petted the black and white feline. "Mrow" was the only answer he got.

He petted her for a few minutes and then got up to go get dressed. After he had tossed on a pair of black jeans and a blue button up flannel shirt he headed down to eat breakfast. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of Cheap-Os cereal. He could tell Grunkle Stan had bought groceries last time. He wolfed down the bowl and washed the bowl, then put it in the drainer.

As he walked into the living room he saw Stan in the recliner where he had apparently fell asleep last night watching football. There was some morning game show on right now, but he really wasn't in the mood to watch it. He started to change the channel but then heard Stan mutter, "I'm watching that."

"Oh, ok. Grunkle Stan." Dipper said looking back at Stan and not even seeing his eyes open, "You seen Mabel this morning?"

"She went back to McGucket's last night.", Stan said as finally opened his eyes. "Something about not wanting to leave Pacifica alone for the night."

"Ah. That explains that," Dipper said, "What about Tony and Francis?"

"Down with Ford working on that club-house for you guys," Stan said as he pulled off the blanket someone had laid over his lap. He was still in his slacks from yesterday.

"Darn it, I was hoping to spend some time with them today.", Dipper said sadly as he got ready to head into town to hit the arcade for a little bit, "Well I'm heading to town for a little while, if anyone wants me. I'll see you later Grunkle Stan."