Chapter 60

Gravity Falls

Gillian's hideout

After the fight was over the Stan twins pulled the two villains over against one wall and using some zip-ties and rope they bound the them. Stan then rushed into the office and began to untie Gillian. While he was gone Ford grabbed a hold of James and pulled him to the side.

"What do you want old man?", James said as he walked over to Ford.

"Well first, maybe we should let Stan be the one to help your Grandmother. It may help them to gain some closure," Ford said as he placed a comforting hand on Yami's shoulder.

"Well maybe I don't want them getting any closer, I mean closure." Yami said as he tried to pull away from Ford, but found the old codger was stronger than he looked.

"From the way my brother was willing to rush off to save her, the two of them may need to talk, whether you like it or not.", Ford said as he made ot clear he wasn't taking no for an answer, "While we're waiting maybe you'd be willing to answer a few questions for me. Like maybe why you think a ghost killed your parents? It must be bad for you to have no less than twenty warding incantations inscribed on your necklace."

"Not that its any of your concern, but I was there when the ghost killed had my father kill my mother and then it tried to kill me," Yami said as he pulled the neck of his shirt over to show the beginning of his scar.

"Is that how you gained your abilities?", Ford asked as he released Yami's shoulder and pulled out a steno notepad and started taking notes.

"I guess," Yami replied as tried to figure out the sweater wearing twin. They had just fought a pair of super villains together and here he was questioning him.

"And now for my final question. Why did you attack the spiritual protector of the woods of this area?", Ford asked as he watched the masked teen's shocked body language.

Piedmont, CA

Battleground

Wildbill stood there for a moment looking at his 'rescuer' with the sea blue hair and the wave patterned diver's suit. She was currently drawing the moisture out of the air to attempt to douse the fires that threatened the buildings in the area.

"Look out!", he yelled as a fireball flew her way. She shot her own ball of water to intercept it.

"You really should be worrying about your own welfare," he heard from behind him as tire from one of the damaged cars slammed into his back.

As Wildbill started to get up, he saw Polden' pick up his war-club. His enemy looked at him and spoke, "In this modern age, I'm not completely sure I even need for you to be around. There comes a time that every dance needs to end."

"I couldn't agree more," Wildbill said as he picked up his weapons.

THWACK

Wildbill stood staring as Polden' fell to the ground while Adam was behind him with a smirk on his face and the tire-iron in his hand. With a laugh Wildbill turned to see the fire wielder get hit with another jet of water knocking her out of the air. Running he jumped onto the roof of a car and speared her into a wall.

As they hit the ground he looked her in the face and even though she had said it was personal, he was shocked that he recognized her. "Colleen?"

Gravity Falls

Gravity Galls General Hospital

Thompson had been moved to the trauma recovery ward. After he was situated his Parents went out to get some dinner before the cafeteria closed, so it was Nate, Lee, and Alexa in with him. Deputy Maloney had came and interviewed Thompson after he had came to, but he really didn't have much to tell him.