Chapter 13

Piedmont, California October 21, 2012 7:30 PM

Mabel's room

"Alright Paz, spill it? What happened that you gals didn't want Dipper knowing about?" Mabel asked as soon as Pacifica answered her phone, friends or not you don't hold back anything that could hurt her brother, "It's driving Dip crazy, he's worried that someone may have been hurt or even that Wendy may be taking extra risks since we're not there to be on the front lines."

She sat down at her craft table/vanity listening to Pacifica try to explain the events of the day before she had to stop her, "Wait Wendy said what to you? What caused that?" Pacifica said some more, "Oh, so she's still sore at you over your attitude from earlier in the summer, well me and Dip did sorta become extended family to her and Soos."

Pacifica went on some more with Mabel picking up her scratch pad and started doodling before stopping Pacifica again, "Paz are you crazy, saying that to Wendy? How are you're still alive?" listening to some more as she doodled as Paz paused she asked, "You didn't have anything to do with that article did you?"

Gravity Falls

Northwest Manor

Pacifica's room

Pacifica was flipping through an old sketch book looking over some clothes designs she had practiced drawing to kill time in one of her classes last year when her phone went off, seeing it was Mabel she answered it before the second ring, "Hey Mabs," but Mable had almost tore right into her as soon as she answered. Hearing that she was worried about Dipper and not knowing what all Wendy had told him when they had talked earlier and if they had talked yet tonight like Wendy had said she was going to do, Pacifica decided to just go with the first fight, "Well when I got to the Shack earlier, I tried to make some small talk and be friendly. But Wendy would have nothing to do with it, asking why she should be friends with someone who had made you and Dipper's summer hell."

"I guess I can understand, but unfortunately I slipped into 'attacking is the best defense' mode from when I still thought everyone was beneath me and I said she had led Dipper on all summer just to break his heart over their age difference." She listened as Mabel responded, "Well we did have a good staredown. I had slipped back into Queen of Mean mode without meaning to. She again brought up the way I had treated you all, especially Dipper, until I had needed him, only to turn my back on everyone at the party because of dad's dang bell. She then made it sound like I forced Toby to write his column in his paper that made it seem like Dipper & I were an item."

Pacifica started to set out an outfit for school tomorrow they were still talking "No, it was all daddy. Trying to put a good spin on the story, evening going so far as to use that picture to show our 'good will'. I knew I wouldn't stand a chance with Dipper as long as Wendy was around so I didn't even try. I told her I knew he was into her when I first met the two of you. He spent half of the night of the dance contest trying to be as close to her as he could. I even," Pacifica started to break down at this point remembering how much of a witch she had been earlier, "I even went so far as to blame her for everything that happened to Tony & Francis." she let out a big sob, something she would've never done before meeting the twins and how much they had helped her grow as a person in such short time. "I didn't mean it one bit, I was apologizing almost as soon as it came out of my mouth." She was fully crying now.

Piedmont, California

Mabel's room

'Well it looks like broseph was right, Paz may have had a start of a thing for him back then. Wendy may have had a reason to possibly been jealous.' Her doodle was starting to take shape as a guy on horseback, she heard what Paz had just said as she started crying, "You didn't really mean it did you? Not the way you're reacting now."