Chapter 31

Piedmont, California

Warehouse

Will O', Freerunner, Flux and Wildbill all stand up and turn towards the remaining three villains. Shifter is still kneeling besides Glamur who almost appears to be in shock.

"Guys, we need to protect her at all costs," Will O' said with her hair blazing brighter than any of them have ever seen.

"Yeah, think you can take bug boy? We'll take your old dance partner," Freerunner said as he readied to face off with the guy in all black.

"I'll stay with their leader you guys," Wildbill said not taking his eyes off of the guy in red.

"Aw, isn't that cute. Even with three of their ilk out of commission they still want to fight," Solntse said looking at his two remaining Squires, "Have fun boys, but remember the cowboy is mine."

Bugz jumped instantly into the air, brought out his wings, and took flight. Will O' started to float upwards and then took off after him. "Come back here you overgrown mosquito."

"I rezent that remark!", Bugs said turning back at her and spitting out a glob of acid at her. She hastily dodge it and it hit another of the pillars in the building.

"Well get used to it bug-boy!" Will O' called sending a ball of fire at him. She heard a satisfying scream and saw him fall behind one of the pillars.

Meanwhile

Reaper slowly moved towards Freerunner & Flux while they seemed to head off to the right of the warehouse drawing him away from where Shifter & Glamur were in the back half of the warehouse.

"One boy of flesh and bone. One boy of metal and stone. Soon both shall die and be part of my throne," Reaper said before he took his first swing at the charging Flux who had feinted a left motion and then ducked to the right.

Little did Reaper know the brothers had subconsciously planned this tactic, Flux swung a hard right uppercut leaving his left arm to be used by Freerunner as a pole to swing a fierce kick in from the left side. No sooner had Freerunner let loose then Flux swung his left arm into another punch while Freerunner had dropped and kicked Reaper in the back of his knees. The brothers know each other so well seemed to be working in perfect synch.

Elsewhere

Shifter was still crouched over Glamur holding her protectively, ready to pull her out of the way in a moments notice. "Come on, Glamur. We need to get you moved. There's so much going on, you can't stay out here in the open."

"She flew up there to save me," Glamur mumbled as she was still processing what all had happened, "She said it was better if we dated than if I had dated him. Why had she said that?"

"Com'on sis, we gotta move." Shifter said as he tried to move her again.

"Did she just say that to get him to leave me alone, or... Well there was the kiss, no that was just for the game. Wasn't it?" Glamur was still mumbling and not moving from the spot, "She can't leave, I need to figure this out."

"Mabel, get your rear moving." Shifter finally yelled and it seemed to gain her attention.

Near the dock bay

Wildbill watched as the wound where his knife had went through was slowly closing as he walked towards the man who has been claiming he's know hm for longer than he's been alive. There is no way he was in Hamburg forty-five years ago, and he has never been to Auschwitz, or has he, no with that places history he would have remembered it. He was glad he pulled out his boot knife while checking on Ma... no out here she's called Glamur he reminded himself, it gave him something other than just his fists to fight with.