Chapter 61

Mystery Shack

Roof

Wendy and Dipper were seated in the folding chairs just watching the skyline, trying to not think about anything. Or at least Wendy was, she could tell Dipper was starting to stress out over the upcoming trials. She squeezed his hand in a reassuring manner.

"Look man, we've done this before. And that was before we got these awesome powers. We'll do what we always do and get through this," Wendy said in a calming manner.

"I know, I guess I'm just over thinking things again." Dipper replied squeezing her hand in return

"Now as much as I'd love to spend all night up her with my favorite dork, I need to go get my homework done for school tomorrow.", Wendy said as she got out of her chair. Now standing she pulled him up and into a hug before saying, "And I bet you have some to do too."

"You're right," Dipper said as he released the hug.

"Tell Soos, I won't need a ride.", Wendy said as she leaned down and gave him a quick kiss. She then went ahead and jumped down the trees to the ground.

"Call me when you get home," Dipper called out to her before she walked away.

"Gotcha dork," Wendy called back. After he watched her disappear up the drive heading home, Dipper headed back down the ladder inside.

Twins room

After finally getting Mabel to stop looking for potential weapons Pacifica had pulled her over to the bad and just sat with her. She held onto her hand trying to send as much reassurance as she could through the simple gesture.

"I'm sorry for worrying you Paz, it's just this isn't easy for me. It's all just piling on and I'm not sure how well I can carry it," Mabel said looking down at the floor, "If you weren't here I don't know what I would be doing. I'm not even sure a trip to sweater town would do anything."

"Well, I'm here for you. And I know Dipper, Wendy, your Grunkles, your dad, and the rest are also. You don't need to hold it in, talk to us. Let us help you, like you've helped us.", Pacifica said pulling Mabel into a hug.

"Where are you staying tonight, Paz?", Mabel asked.

"I was going back to McGucket's for the night, why?", Pacifica said as she rubbed her girlfriend's hair.

"Think you could stay here tonight? You know a sleep over," Mabel said shyly.

"Why Mabel Pines, I didn't know you had it in you.", Pacifica said with a mock tone of surprise, "Asking me to do something so scandalous. Why to even think of it is to besmirch my honor."

"Oh no, I must not allow you to besmirch your honor for one such as myself." Mabel replied getting into the act with her girlfriend, "You would never live down the shame."

They both stared at each other for a moment and then cracked up laughing.

"I just thought of something. You've already done something for me that besmirched your honor," Mabel said looking very serious.

"Wait, what?", Pacifica asked in all seriousness. She really couldn't think of anything she had done for Mabel that would have damaged her honor.

"Hmm, now what was it again." Mabel said scratching her head, "Oh yeah this!"

And with that Mabel pulled Pacifica into a big kiss. They stayed like that for what seemed like forever, until they heard, "Ahem."

Ignoring the sound they continued until they again heard, "Ahem!"