Chapter 47

Mystery Shack

The reception not only had food from the families that came but some from various families that knew the Pines. Lee's mother had stayed at the shack while the funeral went on to organize the food as various people brought it in. There were several pies from Lazy Susan and Greasy's Diner, Lee's mom had brought a large pan of green beans, the Chius had brought a pan of Korean barbeque pork that Mabel always asks for whenever the girls have a sleepover at their house, the Cliffes brought a pan of macaroni and cheese, Blubs and Durland brought a fruit tray, Thompson's family sent a pan of candied carrots, the Mausleins sent a big bowl of organic salad, Nate made a pan of the curried potatoes that always seems to be a hit, and there were several other items on the table when the Pines arrived.

After grabbing a plate of food and being hospitable enough to get some of each offering Dipper sat at a table in one corner of the room the dances are usually held. He sat in silence as he picked at his food.

"So what did Robbie say to you?", Wendy asked as she sat down with him.

"Oh just the normal. He was being polite due to mom's passing but starting tomorrow we're back to being enemies," Dipper said before he took a bite of food to make sure she didn't start to get on him for not eating.

"I really don't know what's gotten into him. After Fearamid incident during Weirdmageddon he seemed to consider you a friend, he was always asking how you and Mabel were doing. He was worried some when he heard you was still having trouble making friends, even threatened to come down there and show everybody how cool of a guy you were.", Wendy said with a weary smile, "He even seemed to be happy in his own way that you two were going to becoming up for Thanksgiving and then in sometime in September he started acting like he used to before Woodstick every once in awhile."

"Wow, he started changing all the way back then?", Mabel asked causing Dipper and Wendy to realize she was there.

"Yeah, he even started weirding out on some of our dates now that I think about it.", Tambry added from next to Wendy, "But I just chalked it up to his band breaking up."

"Ok, where did you guys come from?", Dipper asked looking around at what he thought was an empty table to realize it was full. Pacifica, Candy, and Grenda were on his side, while Tambry, Nate, and Lee were on Wendy's side. Looking at the end he saw Alexa and Thompson sitting in between Lee and Grenda. Francis and Tony had somehow managed to squeeze together at the other end.

"Uhm, we sat down shortly after you did dummy.", Mabel said holding a big bag of gummy koalas. Her plate had some of the barbeque and the curry potatoes, but her mouth was full of the koalas.

"Where'd you get the gummy koalas?", Dipper asked, "I thought dad said you could never have them again after the incident."

"From them," Mabel said pointing down to Grenda and Candy, "They have a bag of jelly beans for you also, and we agreed to never talk about the incident again."

"Incident? Do tell," Pacifica said jokingly looking for an embarrassing story about her girlfriend.

"Well," Dipper started ignoring the dirty look Mabel shot at him, she hand told enough stories about him in the past. "Shortly after we got back to Piedmont Mabel got a hold of three bags of koalas and a can of Prime energy drink. The next morning dad went to leave for work and found her passed out in the garage surrounded by the candy bags and his car was somehow bedazzled."

"At least it wasn't Fundip," Lee said with a smile, "The whole house would've been bedazzled."

"Don't mention that evil stuff again," Mabel said frowning.