Chapter 34

Gravity Falls

A little shack somewhere in the woods

Three figures are standing in front of a tall chair with it's back to them. The first is dressed in all white, the second in all red, and the third is in all black. Next to the chair is a giant mortar and pestle.

"Well my Knights, it seems as if two of you have had difficulty carrying out my plans to completion.", said an older voice that sounded like knife scrapping a metal wall, came from the other side of the chair.

"Mistress," The White Knight said, "I did as you asked, I made sure to Gather them all together and made sure they all gained abilities of some sort."

"Yes, but one of them has yet to be active." the metallic voice responded, "And you were to make sure one of the twins' parents didn't survive."

"Only one arrived so I had to make do," The White Knight replied.

"Ah yes, but every hero needs tragedy to make them grow," his Mistress stated.

"Yes mistress," the Red Knight said, "and I did as asked. I found someone antagonistic to the Twins and made them more aggressive, so they would seek out training. I also prepared the antagonists to be my disciples and used them to advance the teamwork of the Gathered. I also still have an agent down there to finish cutting their ties to Piedmont."

"But one of your disciples went rogue and attempted to eliminate all of the Gathered," the iron voice countered, "and you personally woke your nemesis before his time."

"Only to enhance their training mistress," The Red Knight explained, "I want them to be ready when you need them."

"No. You wanted your Dance Partner back," Her iron voice intoned, "remember I can watch you all."

"I remember Mistress," the Black Knight calmly said as she looked over at the White Knight, "I have picked up Rassvet's slack by making sure the mother is out of the picture and leading the last one to the discovery of his abilities."

"Yes, my Knight. You have done great work.", the hollow metallic voice of their Mistress rang through the building, "We shall see how you work will continue."

"Yes my Mistress, I will follow your commands.", the Black Knight said, "I will begin phase three at your command."

"It will be soon," her Mistress said, "But for now we have other unforeseen players in the game, this Keeper and her brat, the cause of this mornings Anxiety attack on the twins, and someone has even lured away my spy with-in their group of friends. We must keep an eye out for these interruptions."

Mystery Shack

Tambry is sitting in the table in the living room at her laptop typing away, doing everything in her power to search for her friends mother. So far she hasn't turned up anything through the satellites she has hacked.

"How's it coming?", Lee said as he walked over to Tambry.

"Ugh, nothing. I've looked through nearly every satellite camera I can find," Tambry said frustrated.

"Have you tried any news satellites?", Lee suggested.

"They're next," Tambry said.

"I'm sure you're doing your best," Mabel said as she & Pacifica came into the living room.

"But I should be able to do more," Tambry as she slammed he hand down on the table. No one noticed a small spark flow from her to her computer.

Down in the Bunker