Chapter 46

"Melody. I know we've only been together for a few months, but those months have been the happiest of my life." Soos said as he reached into the pocket of his Mr. Mystery jacket and pulled out a small object. He then bent down on one knee and continued, "And I want them to continue for as long as possible. And if the recent events have taught me anything, it's life is too short. What I'm asking is if you would marry me?"

The twins and their respective significant others stood there with baited breathe while watching this tender moment between their friends. Dipper, Wendy, & Pacifica all clamped their hands over Mabel's mouth as soon as Soos had started talking to keep her from going into one of her famous squeals of happiness. All four of them had there eyes glued to Melody

"Soos, I really don't know what to say.", Melody said looking at her boyfriend down on one knee.

"Well, hopefully you'll say yes.", Soos said looking at her.

Mabel was now almost fight the other three to let out the squeal. Dipper's hand which was on the bottom was now being licked so hard he was fighting the instinct to remove his hand.

"Soos, yes. I'll marry you," Melody said as she tackled him to the ground.

"Sqquueeeeeee, youguysaregonnahavethebestwedding!", Mabel said breaking free of the others. Dipper was wiping his soaked hand off on his pants as the girls ran over to hug the couple.

Adam, Wildbill, and finally Stan ran in from the kitchen upon hearing the noise. Wildbill had his pistol out in-case they were under attack. Shortly afterwords the vending machine swung open with Tony rushing out, followed by Ford holding his raygun, and Francis in obsidian form. Valerie and Waddles with Palmer on his back even came down after the squeal.

"What's going on here?" Stan and Ford asked at the same time.

"Soos and Melody are..." Mabel started before Dipper slapped his hand over her mouth again.

"Let them tell it," Dipper said to his twin.

"Mmmkkk," Mabel murmured through his hand.

"You two better tell them before I remove my hand," Dipper said to Soos and Melody with a wink.

"Right," Melody said as she was getting up off of Soos.

"Uhm, yeah dood. Mr. Pineses," Soos said as he grabbed the box while getting up off of the floor. Opening it up he pulled the ring out and placed it on her hand before he continued, "We're engaged."

"Congrats," everyone said or at least variations of it. Francis had powered down and the guns were put away.

Stan and Ford pulled Soos into a big group hug while the girls all went over to admire the ring.

Tambry's Lair

Leaning over her keyboard Tambry was flying through the town's records almost faster than she could type. So far the only name close to Gregor she found was Robbie's dad, Gregory Valentino. She was glad she had Tab watching her back, like he said this should be easy work but something was feeling off about this whole deal. Pulling up Alexa's school records, she was surprised to see her full name was Alexandria Romanov Caulder. Working backwards from there she found out that Alexa's father had died almost fourteen years ago in a boating accident in Canada and her mother is currently working for a governmental research program studying tectonic fault-lines on the sea floor. She has been at sea nearly three years and left her daughter in the care of an uncle Karl Tsergov, who owned a furniture store just outside of the town limits, really out side of the valley to be precise. And that was where the information ran dry.