Chapter 36

That night ended similar to the last, Pacifica stayed with Mabel for as long as she could, Wendy again refused to leave Dipper or the Shack, Francis and Tony had went down with Ford to check out his lab, Soos keep fluttering around to make sure everyone was doing good, and Melody had made chili for dinner. Wildbill spent the evening watching the perimeter around the Shack. After dinner Wendy, Dipper, Mabel, and Pacifica tried to watch one of the bad movies Dipper brought, but Mabel and Pacifica couldn't get into it and left about a fifth of the way through it. Dipper really just droned through it cuddled into Wendy. His heart wasn't into it after he finally broke down earlier.

By the time Pacifica left, she found Dipper and Wendy asleep on the couch. She turned off the TV, then pulled a blanket off of the back of the sofa, and covered her two friends. She smiled as Valerie climbed out from behind the sofa, jumped up, and laid on top of the blanket. Then she went out behind the shack and pushed the button on her key fob. The Charger armor appeared and she climbed in and shot off into the night.

In the Bunker Wednesday November 21st, 2012 10:45 AM

The walls were coming along splendidly as Ford, Fiddleford, Testosteraur, Candy, Grenda, and the Clondike twins were all working on getting every thing together. The twins and Candy were in charge of clearing the tunnels of any debris and laying down wiring where it was needed. Meanwhile Grenda and Testosteraur held the wall panels for Ford and Fiddleford to fasten them in place.

"I'm so glad I'm able help here," Grenda said as she held up another wall panel, "This place is gonna be so great once it's done."

"It will be little one," Testosteraur replied, "for it follows the plans of Destructor and his family."

"I think he goes by Shifter now," Grenda countered with a smirk.

"Ah, but he will always be Destructor to the Manotaurs," Testosteraur countered, "though I'm sorry to hear of the loss of his mother. That is a sorrow that is hard to overcome, even for the most hardy of men."

"Yea, but Dipper ain't like most men," Fiddleford said joining, "he's stood toe ta toe wid Cipher an didn bat an eyeball. He'll come through this."

"Yes, my great nephew is strong. But this is a test of the heart not of the will," Ford added, "I know he tries to be strong for everyone else, but he needs to let himself grieve in order to be able to move on. Luckily he's got plenty of support."

Greasy's Diner

Nate, Lee, & Tambry are sitting at a booth eating brunch and talking over some of the stuff that had been happening around town. The biggest thing they talked about though is the fact that none of them had seen Robbie since he walked off the other day. Other than right after he & Wendy split during the summer this is the longest that he's not been seen by at least one of them.

"Ok, I know he was steamed the other day, but really man where could he be?", Lee asked.

"He's not even responding to my texts," Tambry added.

"Dude, this is messed up," Nate said as he looked out from booth.

As Tambry and Lee got up to see what Nate was looking at. Robbie had just walked into the Diner arm in arm with a drop dead gorgeous, raven haired teen. The weirdest thing was Robbie himself, he was wearing regular jeans and a t-shirt.

Tambry shot out of the booth and went straight for them, "I don't know who you think you are lady, but that's my man you have your arms around."

"Robbie dear, who is this purple haired freak?", the young lady with Robbie asked.

"Tambry this is Blair, my new girlfriend.", Robbie said to Tambry as a way of introduction before turning to Blair and adding, "Blair this is Tambry, a mistake I made near the end of the summer."