Chapter 33

Gravity Falls Monday November 19th, 2012 8:35 AM

Mystery Shack

Twins Room

Dipper was deep in in his blankets and fairly sound asleep when he suddenly heard his phone go off, turning over he thought of ignoring the call but considering they hadn't heard from their mother since before they went out on there adventure yesterday he decided to answer it.

"Hey, hi. What? No we haven't seen her yet, she wasn't supposed to leave till this morning.", Dipper said to the voice on the other end of the line. Hearing his voice Mabel started to rouse, "Wait, she left the hospital without you last night? And her car wasn't at home last night or this morning?"

"What's going on Dipper?", Mabel asked as she rubbed her eyes. He held up a finger but had a scared look in his eyes.

"Let us know if you find out anything else, we'll keep an eye out up here. Thanks," Dipper said as he hung up his phone. Turning to Mabel he told her, "Mom left without waiting for Wildbill last night. And she wasn't at home when he went by last night or this morning."

"What?", Mabel said instantly awake. She suddenly looked almost as worried as she had been yesterday and began rambling, "No, he's wrong. Mom was just asleep last night when he got there and over slept this morning. That's it,"

She had gotten up and started getting dressed without even seeing what she had put on and she ran down stairs. Dipper dialed a number he made sure to get last night. "Hey, Paz it's Dipper. Mabel needs you."

Dipper slowly got dressed even though he didn't need to do it and tried to slowly walk down the stairs but he was so nervous himself he ended up skipping half of the steps as he went down. Half way down he tripped and nearly fell on his face. He could have been hurt if Tony hadn't already been on his way up to check on Dipper while Francis helped Mabel.

"You ok man?", Tony asked as he got Dipper down the stairs, "Mabel told us what's happening."

"Just worried, but I'm ok.", Dipper said.

"Don't give me that crap man," Tony said turning Dipper towards him, "remember I was you. I know all about how you always put the needs of others before your own. I know you feel like you have to be the strong one, the protector for Mabel and our whole group but right now you trying to be the 'strong' one is just gonna weaken you. You're gonna need to rely on us to be the strong ones for once and let yourself really worry. Alright?"

"It's not like that," Dipper said, "Mabel has been through so much, she needs help. And I called Pacifica to come help her. I'm gonna try and head out to see if I can find mom, if she left last night she should be in town already. I'll try looking around town to see if she got lost on her way here."

"You're doing it again," Tony said.

"NO! I need to get to go find her.", Dipper said trying to get past Tony. But Tony blocked the way.

"No right now you need to go in and be with your sister," Tony said.

"I don't have time!", Dipper snapped back and pulled away from Tony. "She could be in town, she could be on the road into town, she could be somewhere along there injured, or something."

Tony went to grab Dipper's shoulder and Dipper grabbed his arm and flipped him over against the wall. He then bolted out the door and headed to the woods next to the Shack's driveway barely missing the silver car driving away from the Shack. As soon as he thought he was out of view he grabbed his clothes and shifted pulling them inside him as he turned into a German Shepard and began running into town.