Chapter 40

Mystery Shack

Inside the kitchen the Shack's family are gathered around the table as the twins father had just delivered the news that the family is moving to Gravity Falls and that the twins will be starting school next week. Dipper and Wendy were sitting there looking at each other ecstatic, while Mabel and Pacifica were hugging each other.

"If we need to, we can ask Ford handle some teaching until the paperwork is processed.", Stan said as he hugged first Dipper and then went over to Mabel and hugged her.

"If you want Adam, I'll head back with you to help you get everything ready for your move." Wildbill told his old friend.

"Thanks," Adam replied.

"Well now that is out of the way," Stan said gruffly, "Let's get to the matter that brought you all up here in the first place. Are we still having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow?"

"I guess so," Adam said as he looked around at everyone, "I mean if you all still want to have it."

"Well McGucket has offered to let us have at his place," Dipper said, "his son is going to his mom's place this year so it was gonna be just him and Testosteraur there tomorrow. He definitely has a table big enough for us all and Pacifica is already gonna be there."

"Sounds good to me," Melody replied, "Having to try and cook that large of a meal in this tiny kitchen was gonna be fun anyways."

"I wonder how well Abuelita will get along with Testosteraur," Soos said looking deep in thought.

"That's gonna be fun," Stan said with a dry chuckle.

"Alright then everybody, someone needs to go get Ford and then let's eat.", Melody said as she and Soos started to bring the food to the table.

Later that night

Dipper and Wendy were walking down the path leading towards her house.

"Thanks for walking me home, Dipper." Wendy said as they walked hand in hand.

"Your welcome, besides what type of boyfriend would I be if I let you walk home alone this late at night.", Dipper replied.

"Still the best I've ever had," Wendy joked back.

"I aim to please, mi'lady.", Dipper said bowing and removing his hat

"Dork," Wendy said pulling him into a hug as they walked.

When they got to her house they gave each other a kiss and Wendy went inside. Dipper started to walk back down the drive way when she rushed back outside and called, "Dipper, my dad wants to talk to you."

"Oh boy," Dipper said to himself as he turned around and headed back up to the house. As he approached her he asked, "He's not mad is he? I didn't do anything to upset him?"

"Dude, chill. I think he just wants to give you condolences over your mom," Wendy said looking at her little beau.

"Oh, okay." Dipper said wiping the sweat off of is forehead.

They entered the house and Wendy led him to the living room. Manly Dan was alone in the room sitting on the couch watching a nature program on beavers when they entered.

Turning off the TV he looked over to Dipper and loudly said, "I'm sorry to hear about your mother. As Wendy may have told you, we lost her mother in an auto accident also. It's never easy, but I'm glad Wendy was there to help give your family some support."

"Thank you sir, she has been a big help. And thank you for allowing her to stay the last couple of days. Mabel and I really appreciate it.", Dipper said as he looked at his girlfriend's large, intimidating father.