Chapter 58

Path to the Mystery Shack

Dipper, Wendy, Mabel, Pacifica, Francis, Candy, and Grenda all continued on towards the Shack, while Tony walked Tambry home. They were going to connect via video chat once they were all at their respective houses. Dipper had remembered something he had figured out yesterday before all of the madness with the hijackers happened and he figured it was time to share it with the rest of the group. Plus he wanted Grunkle Ford's opinion of his assumption.

"We need to start working on figuring out who this Mistress is, the one that the Knights are working for.", Francis said as they continued down the path.

"Well my dork here may have that figured out," Wendy said as she pushed Dipper's hat down over his eyes.

"What? Why haven't you told us broseph?", Mabel asked as she slugged her brother in the shoulder

"Well, I had just figured it out when we found out about the hijacking. And then we were dealing with everything after that," Dipper said pulling up the logger's cap off of his eyes before he continued, "and then school, the Tony/Mary situation, and finally Thompson. I wanted to verify my findings with Grunkle Ford before I mentioned it."

"That is a reasonable thought, Dipper.", Candy said pushing her glasses back up her nose.

"I just want to know who we're gonna pound," Grenda declared, "I have extra aggression to dole out to someone."

"Whoa girl, right now we need to figure out if it'd even be safe for you...", Mabel was saying before she heard a loud crash.

As the group turned towards the sound they saw a tree that was just a little bit bigger in circumference then that of the twins. It was broken in half and standing next to it was Grenda gently blowing across the knuckles of her right hand.

"And maybe we shouldn't worry too much about that," Mabel said even though she was slack jawed.

"Man it feels good to not have to hold back," Grenda said as she walked back over to her friends.

Back room of the Fractured Skull

The big burly bouncer Tats stood in the doorway looking over at the giant of a man leaning over a white haired 10 year old who was laying on a cot.

"I still can't believe I let you bring that kid in here," Tats said as he stood there.

"Look, I called in a favor. Suck it up. Something's been wrong with my little buddy here. I haven't seen him in more than three weeks," the giant said getting up and walking over to Tats, "Look I know you have some bad history with my little buddy, but right now he needs my help."

"You've got two days and then I want him out of here," Tats said before he turned and headed back into the bar.

Mystery Shack

Soos was coming back into the living room bringing Ford out from the basement. As they came into the living room Ford saw Stan Bent over a teenager he didn't recognize.

"What's going on here Stan?", Ford asked as he walked over to the two of them.

"Oh, this is Stan's grandson. Well technically his step grandson, if that didn't change when his mother had the wedding annulled.", Soos answered before Stan could answer. Seeing Ford's shocked look Soos continued, "But if you had read my fan fiction I gave you last week, this wouldn't be news to you."

"Soos, go get me another warm compress.", Stan called out to the giant fanboy.

"Do I really want to know, Ley?", Ford said as he knelt down to help his brother, "My lord, his head is so cold."