⤿ part thirteen: how they were the sun and stars

Harry Styles

"Luke is this yours?" Harry asked, as he picked up a package outside of their door.

It was wrapped with care in brown paper bag wrapping. A white satin bow was tied around it gently, and it read no name on the front.

"Lemme see?" Luke took it from Harry's hand carefully as Harry closed the door behind him. 

Luke examined the neatly wrapped package. "You think my friends would send me something like this? It's probably from Leigh Anne or something you know they're extra," 

"Um, okay.." Harry hesitantly took the package from Luke. "I'll put it on your bed if it's for you,"

"Alright thanks bro," Luke smiled, 'friendly punching' Harry on the shoulder. 

Harry seemed to take it pretty hard, even though Luke always said he was gentle.

"Uh, yeah," Harry forced a smile up at Luke.

"Alright, I've got class, so I'll see you later," Luke spoke, not even waiting for a goodbye from Harry.

He grabbed his backpack, and left without another word.

Harry liked it this way, and since it was Thursday he always had classes in the evening rather than the afternoon, so he only stayed in the room with Luke in the mornings.

With the package still in his hand, he sat on his bed and unwrapped it as carefully as possible, just in case whatever it was belonged to Luke.

Under the beautiful packaging revealed a book.

Titled, The Sun is Also a Star 

By Nicola Yoon.

Harry was in awe, as he placed the packaging beside him on his bed, and padded his thumb across the beautiful bright coloured cover. 

Cautiously like with all of his books, he opened the front cover to hear the small cracking sounds of a new book opening.

On the inside, a sticky note was stuck with a rough handwritten note.

Harry,

I bought Everything, Everything last night and found that Mrs Yoon had another book.

If the sun is also a star, does that mean you're the sun?

Because you were already a star to me.

But now I guess you're the sun too.

Yours, 

Zayn

Harry's heart pounded against his chest. This was a joke.

He couldn't even half believe that Zayn would write this.

Harry hesitated calling Leigh Anne after rereading the note over, and over again.

Until he processed that Leigh Anne's printing was so much nicer than this ones.

And so was Perrie's.

And he wasn't really friends with anyone else.

It had to be Zayn, which scared Harry quite honestly.