⤿ part fifty: how they fit

Harry Styles

Harry placed a marshmallow onto a skewer and placed it over the flame.

Across the small campfire, Niall's marshmallow had burned, Jade fixing up a new one for him. Perrie and Leigh were just finishing telling their scary stories, and Liam and Louis?

They had left an hour ago to do God knows what.

The group had been out here for two hours just basking in each other's company underneath the moonlit sky.

Harry was loving it.

He was loving how open Zayn was, how happy Zayn was.

How Zayn was himself. 

"...And now, every night before the boy goes to sleep, he makes sure he checks underneath his bed.. Because you never know what's down there.. The end," Leigh Anne spoke, darkening her tone.

Smiling Perrie stood up and grabbed Leigh's hand. "And with that we'll be off," 

"Good night to all! Sleep well," Leigh Anne called, running off with her girlfriend, her hand tightly secured in Perrie's.

"This was supposed to be a bonding activity," Harry huffed, handing Zayn his fresh made s'mores. 

"You can't help the fact that tonight is so beautiful," Zayn spoke, motioning up at the starlit sky. "Makes people wanna be romantic,"

Harry laughed so much he didn't even notice that Niall and Jade had dipped as well, leaving just him and Zayn. 

"Be romantic?" Harry breathed, his eyes on Zayn. "You're fucking crazy,"

"I'm not," Zayn shook his head. "You can only imagine what they're all doing in that house, doors down from each other,"

Cringing at the thought, Harry began to roast another marshmallow, and finally noticed Niall and Jade had left.

"You think a bear came by and ate them?" Harry asked Zayn who shook his head.

"They wanted to join the party back at the cottage," He smirked, and Harry pushed him playfully.

"Fucking hell," Harry rolled his eyes and squished his marshmallow in between two graham crackers.

"You forgot the chocolate," Zayn spoke, pulling off a small piece of the Hershey's bar and handing it to Harry who opened his s'mores and slid the chocolate in.

"There we go," Zayn smiled, taking the s'mores out of Harry's hand and taking a bite out of it. "Thanks love,"

Rolling his eyes, Harry closed the bag of marshmallows and sealed the graham cracker box. "Let's go into the woods," He said quietly, standing up and taking Zayn's hand in his.

"What the hell do you mean let's go into the woods?" Zayn mumbled, his mouth full.

"What I said," Harry frowned. "Let's go into the woods,"

"You were the one saying this is a bonding activity, and now you're suggesting we leave?"

"Everyone else left," Harry said. "And besides, do we really wanna be romantic.. Doors down from them?

Finishing up his s'mores, Zayn frowned at Harry. "What are you implying?"

Harry shrugged and reached for Zayn's hands, pulling him up. "The woods are dead up here,"

Quickly, Zayn poured his water bottle over the fire causing it to die out quickly.

The two boys set off into the woods, Harry's hand tightly in Zayn's.

"I don't wanna be eaten by a bear though," Zayn mumbled, running his other hand through his hair.

"The bear's are sleeping," Harry laughed. "Hopefully we won't wake them up.."

Zayn's heart jumped, and the two trekked on for about five more minutes until Harry stopped in front of a wall of hanging leaves.

Letting go of Zayn's hand, he pushed them aside and stepped through, Zayn following behind him.

The leaves fell back into their place, and Zayn looked around.

"Damn," He breathed.

The boys were stood on wide grassy spot, a small pond almost directly beside them. To their left were tons of trees, blocking their space, making it seem almost like an outdoor room.

The only catch was, the leaves didn't cover the sky as stars shone down and reflected their light against the pond.

The noises of the night hummed quietly as Harry stood on his tip toes and pressed his lips against Zayn's softly.

"We're in our own oasis," He mumbled against Zayn's lips, tasting sweet chocolate.

Zayn pulled apart and sat down on the grass, motioning for Harry to sit with him.

Instead, Harry pushed Zayn backwards and sat on his lower body, dipping back down into Zayn once more.

His body moved in sync with Zayn's, his murmurs of love flying away with the warm wind.

In a swift movement, Harry pulled his shirt off and unbuttoned his pants, standing up to take them off.

He threw them beside the pond and sat on Zayn's lap as he took his t-shirt off as well.

Harry's legs fell on each side of Zayn's torso, and slowly Zayn nibbled on Harry's ear.

"The moon is lighting you up," He whispered, trailing a finger down Harry's back. "Literally,"

Harry shivered beneath Zayn's touch. "Zayn.." He breathed, looking his boyfriend in the eye.

The moon shone across Zayn's hazel eyes, defining not only those, but his cheek bones and jawline. "I love you," He said. "So much,"

Chuckling, Zayn kissed Harry again. "I love you,"

All the love Zayn had to offer, he gave it to Harry.

It was a thing he was used to doing. Loving Harry more than himself.

It's not like he forcefully love Harry more than he loved himself, it just came naturally.

He loved the feeling that he got from giving Harry his love.

Because Harry always returned it.

Always.

Harry had a way of giving Zayn more what he would ever ask for. Harry was always there.

To somehow fill the bit in Zayn's heart that used to feel empty.

Harry was Zayn's puzzle piece.

He always fit.

a/n: y'all i won't let u down like this next chapter ugliest shit yalls read my stories always turn into shit towards the end

love always,

alexis