⤿ part twenty one: how they brought cupcakes

Harry Styles

"In just a week you're going to be twenty fucking years old Styles!" Leigh Anne shouted, busting into Harry's dorm room with Perrie by her side who held a white box with light blue ribbon around it.

Luke was in there, and he immediately shot up from his bed and frowned. "You can't expect me to put up with this shit every time!" He grumbled, picking up his books and leaving the room.

"But you leave every time," Perrie said loud enough for Luke to hear who was already half way down the hall. 

Leigh Anne closed the door and her and Perrie sat down on the edge of Harry's bed. 

Harry closed his book and placed it beside him.

"Is that the book Zayn bought you?"  Leigh Anne asked Harry in a sing song voice.

"Yes," Replied Harry flatly. 

"You've read that like a million times," Leigh Anne groaned. "You read Everything, Everything once, and now that Zayn bought you a book, that's the only book in the world to you!"

Leigh Anne could've went on, but Perris stopped her with a soft touch on Leigh's leg.

"We brought cupcakes from The Coffee Shoppe. Who knew they sold cupcakes? By the dozen?!" Perrie placed the box down in front of Harry and untied the bow gently.

Inside revealed twelve vanilla cupcakes with perfectly piped buttercream frosting, topped off with a fresh strawberry slice.

"These look gorgeous," Harry smiled. 

"It's to commemorate your last week being nineteen," Leigh Anne said as she grabbed a cupcake and peeled off the wrapper.

"Watch your crumbs," Harry said, then immediately sweetened his tone. "And this was very sweet of you two. You didn't have to,"

"Yes we had to!" Perrie insisted. "Try one, they are to fucking die for,"

Leigh Anne almost choked on her cupcake. "Perrie Edwards swearing somewhere other than my bed?!"

Harry rolled his eyes, and stepped off of his bed after grabbing a cupcake. "Are you kidding me right now?"

Perrie ignored, shushing Leigh Anne with a smirk behind her finger. 

"You two are absolutely disgusting," Harry said, as he ate the strawberry slice off the top of the cupcake. 

"You should've rethought your decision of setting us up, huh Harry?" Perrie turned laughing.

Harry sat down on his spinning chair. "I should've," He said flatly as he unravelled his cupcake wrapper and separated the bottom of the cupcake from the top.

Gently, he placed the bottom of the cupcake just on top of the icing creating a 'cupcake sandwich' as he likes to call it.

"So," Leigh Anne started after finishing her cupcake. "What are the plans for your birthday?"

"I'd like to go home and celebrate with my family," Harry smiled at the thought of his mum, dad and him sat around the kitchen table with his yearly homemade birthday cake.

"Bo-ring," Leigh Anne scooted herself up to the top of Harry's bed, where she leaned back against his pillows. "Let's throw a party,"

Perrie elbowed Leigh Anne, which shut her up immediately.

Harry shot them a confused look, but they ignored.

"Just you me and Leigh Anne," Perrie said. "The day before your birthday, because you're going to drive back home the day of right?"

Harry nodded. "Just like I did last year,"

"What if we went to a club?!" Leigh Anne piped up.

Perrie elbowed her again. "I'll bake a cake for you Harry,"

"Or you can get more of these cupcakes, they're fucking killer," Harry said, pointing to his half eaten cupcake.

"Fucking killer?" Leigh Anne frowned. "Isn't that something Zayn says?"

Harry's cheeks flushed pink. "Yeah.."

"Just because he's yours now, doesn't mean that I can't stalk him," Leigh Anne started. "I still think that in an alternate universe, I like dick and I'm with Zayn,"

Perrie frowned, and this time elbowed her harder in the side of her torso. "Excuse you,"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I take it back. In every alternate universe I'm with you," Leigh Anne pressed a kiss against Perrie's lips quickly. "In one we're old and living together on a farm.. In another we have two sons.. In another we have a daughter and a son.. In another we have some cats.. And in another we have dogs.."

Seemingly, Leigh Anne could continue on forever, but Harry stopped her.

"And in another I'm there telling you to shut the fuck up," Harry finished off his cupcake and took a sip of his water in one of his Starbucks tumbler cups he received a couple birthdays ago.

"Alright Styles calm your man tits," Leigh warned, grabbing another cupcake.

"We should probably head back to our rooms," Perrie said, taking the cupcake out of Leigh Anne's hand and placing it back in the box. "Harry you can take the cupcakes, they're all yours,"

"You guys can take them, it's okay.." Harry tried to tell them to take the cupcakes, but Perrie wouldn't budge.

"I still want a cupcake!" Leigh Anne frowned as Perrie basically dragged her to the door. 

Perrie stopped by the threshold and whispered something in Leigh Anne's ear that stopped her immediately. "Alright we'll be off toodle-oo Harry!"

And before Harry knew it, he was left in an empty room with an open box of cupcakes on his bed.

As soon as the girls had left, Luke came back in and plopped down on his bed. "Can I have a cupcake Harry?"

Harry nodded. "Take as many as you want.. I'll be out,"

Quickly, Harry grabbed two of the cupcakes and left the room.

On his way out to Zayn's building, he bumped into Zayn, the cupcake icing spreading all over his coat.

"Shit I'm sorry Zayn," Harry bit his lip, pulling the cupcakes back. "Should I grab some napkins? Dammit,"

Zayn looked down at his coat, then back up at Harry.

"Whatever," He shook his head. "I'll see you around Harry,"

Zayn quickly pat Harry's shoulder and brushed past him.

Harry stood there for a moment, two icing-less cupcakes in his hands.

He didn't know whether to go after Zayn or just stay there.

So he stood there.

His heart falling into the depths of the deep blue sea.

a/n: OK LET ME TELL YOU GUYS

I WAS IN SCHOOL AND ABOUTTA DOUBLE UPDATE BEFORE I LEFT AND THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF JUST BEFORE WE WERE ABOUTTA LEAVE SCHOOL SO EVERYONE WAS BUSTING OUT AND WE WERE ALL STOOD OUTSIDE TALKING BOUT HOW THERE BES BE A FIRE BC WE WERE OUT THERE PAST SCHOOL HOURS AND EVERYONE WAS FREAKING OUT AND SNAPCHATTING IT

AND THEN THEY FUCKING SAID THAT SOMEONE PULLED THE DAMN ALARM SO WE WERE STOOD OUT THERE FOR 30 MINUTES FOR NOTHING

SOMEONE PULLED THAT SHIT

I SWEAR TO GOD OUR SCHOOL IS SUCH A JOKE I WAS SO SHOOK

EVERYONE'S SNAPCHAT STORIES WERE SO LIT IT WAS SO FUNNY

bUt anyways i hope you enjoyed this stale double update leading up to harry's birthday

I love you guys <3

- Alexis!!