⤿ part forty seven: how they had baggage

Zayn Malik

Late Summer

"I tell all my hoes!" The DJ called, then turned the music off as everyone yelled their response back.

"Rake it up!" The audience yelled back, and the DJ turned the track back up everyone yelling along.

"Break it down! Back it up! Fuck it up, fuck it up, fuck it up," Niall laughed, dancing around Liam. "This party is sick man!" He spoke.

"Happy birthday brother," Zayn smiled, patting Liam quite hard on the back.

Liam winced in pain, but forced a smile back at Zayn. "Shouldn't you tone down a little on the beer?"

"Why would I?" Zayn slurred and flimsily whipped the cap off of the flask in his left hand and downed the rest of it. He wiped his mouth, then went to his right hand where he took a swig out of his solo cup.

"That's why," Liam pointed, grabbing the empty silver flask out of his hand.

"Don't lose that!" Niall warned, grabbing at the flask. "It's mine,"

"Explains the writing on the front," Liam cracked a chuckle looking at the loopy Sharpie writing on the front side of the flask.

Irish Daddy. It read loud and clear.

"Jade wrote that," Niall spoke finally grabbing a hold of the empty flask and running into the crowd to find his girlfriend.

Liam watched Niall run off, then he turned to Zayn.

"Where's Harry?" He asked, looking around, then back at Zayn who took another swig of his drink.

"We broke up," 

Liam's eyed widened, and grabbed the solo cup out of Zayn's hand, the beer spilling a little bit on Zayn's jeans.

Zayn didn't mind.

"Zayn? You're so drunk, you're fucking wasted. You did not break up with him!" Liam dropped the solo cup on the grass and grabbed Zayn's hand pulling him inside of his house.

Zayn laughed again in Liam's grasp as he dragged his feet. "April fools," He said with a toothy grin.

"You're fucking ridiculous," Liam rolled his eyes. "Harry!" He yelled into the echoey house as most of the crowd was outside.

In record time, Harry had come down the stairs and waved. "You brought this shit face in?"

"Wait so you two did break up?" Liam frowned, watching as Harry trailed down the staircase and walked over to stand before Zayn who was thrown on the couch.

"Heyyy babe," Zayn's eyes were half closed, but he was still grinning.

"What the fuck Zayn?" Harry leant down and slapped Zayn across the face, hard enough to wake him up just a little bit.

"What the fuck Harry?" Zayn shot up and grabbed his cheek. "That hurt like hell,"

"You deserved that," Harry grumbled, taking a seat beside Zayn.

"I'll leave you two," Liam spoke gently, backing away from the couple.

Once Liam was out of sight, Harry turned to Zayn in a rush.

"What the hell is wrong with you lately?" Harry asked Zayn, his fists balled up beside him.

Huffing, Zayn frowned at his boyfriend. "Can't a guy have a little fun without his clingy boyfriend on his arm all the time?"